Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Creeping?

Old 09-10-2003, 03:46 PM

Default Creeping?

I' m not sure how to explain this but when I draw my bow back (Parker hunter mag) I can' t relax, it wants to pull forward a lot more than it used to, it doesn' t have the " wall" I used to hit when fully drawed it almost feels kind of spongy. What is causing this and how can I fix it? Would this affect the eratic arrow flight I' m STILL having. This whole thing is starting to get aggravating especially this close to Oct. 1st.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:26 PM

Default RE: Creeping?

Yes it will cause eratic arrow flight...How is your stance. Do you face the target with your whole body or turn sideways when drawing and releasing......Do you draw the bow broadside across your chest Hope this makes sence
Old 09-10-2003, 06:05 PM

I' m turned sideways and draw across my chest. I have absolutely no help from the " proshops" around here but I know something isn' t right. How do I fix this?
Old 09-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

talone,
Sounds to me that your strings and cables have stretched, and your bow' s draw length has lengthened. Your anchoring in the valley, and it' s trying to pull forward on you. I haven' t heard much good of Parker strings, ao if it was me, I' d slap a new set of ProStrings on, and get everything back into spec.
Charlie