Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Zero Effect and fletching contact >

Zero Effect and fletching contact

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Zero Effect and fletching contact

Old 09-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Zero Effect and fletching contact

I recently bought a zero effect for my 2000 ultratec and me and the guys at the shop I bought it at have tried everything we know of and still get fletching contact. The owner of the shop says it must be because of the low brace hieght. Could this be true? If can' t get it straightened out in the next day or so I' ll go back to the quicktune 2000 I had on before.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:29 PM

Default RE: Zero Effect and fletching contact

Try a few straight fletched veins and see how they work. I use straight fletched 3" feathers and the arrows fly perfectly.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:37 AM

Have you contacted Muzzy? I' ve heard they give GREAT tech support over the phone. Sounds like you could try a different mounting hole, and perhaps change your top out timing a little so it top' s out just as it gets to the " valley" just keep it agains' t the back wall to keep the rest from moving before the shot.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

An ultratech with 7 3/8 inch brace is not what I would consider a low brace height bow . Sounds like the tech at your shop is not much of a " tech" . If the claw is in the hole closest to the risor you might try putting it in the hole futher away from the risor and see if that works , but as mentioned prevously muzzy has an excellent tech suport and they have bows haging in the shop that work from the major copanies . When I called for help tha guy said " wait a minet let me go get that bow and see how its setup " . They are a class act and love to give good advise on how to get their products working for their customers . One of the freindlyest companies I' ve delt with .
Old 09-15-2003, 10:23 AM

I just put on an golden key t.k.o. dropaway, had the same problem. me and the tech had a problem with tuning we thought , i was shooting cock down, rolled the arrow over with cock up no more contact, worked for me.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have found that shooting with the cock vane down will almost always cause contact. Follow David' s advice and experiment with the vane. My vanes are set a little more towards 45 degress from the string, if that makes any sense. I also shaved some of my arm off to minimize the risk, but be careful, too much and the arrow will not set square with every draw. Best of luck, it' s a great rest.

Old 09-16-2003, 05:02 PM

I have 3 zero effects and I don' t think I could get contact if I tried[:-]. I shoot 5" vanes with a fast 6 5/8" brace bow. I can shoot vane up-down and no problems. I would get some help from Muzzy or a " tech" that knows how to set up a zero effect on a Hoyt bow. If I remember correctly, there is a special mounting plate for the Hoyts. Don
Old 09-18-2003, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

gulfcoasthunter, give Eric at Muzzy a call. 1-800-222-7769. Morgans never did get mine right. LOL
Old 09-20-2003, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

WE talked to Muzzy but never They never could get it right. I went back to the NAP Quicktune2000. Morgans did refund my money on the Zero Effect and got the quick tune shooting perfect.