Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

quiver

Old 08-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Spike

Default quiver

Can anyone recommend a decent quiver I can leave attached to my bow that doesn't have a lot of vibration.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

There's a lot of good ones out there; Octane makes a good one, G-5, the rage cage.. I never use one, I take mine off when I get in the stand I don't like anything that throws my bow off balance, unless I spot and stalk.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been bowhunting for over 45 years and I never had more than 2 shots in a day. And that day I shot one arrow at a turkey and one at a deer. The turkey won that contest, the deer didn't. So I use a simple 3 arrow Kwiki-quiver. I have 2 of them and I bought extra brackets that I have one each bow. I also take mine off when I get to my stand. But even if I didn't the weight of this quiver does not affect my shot much if at all. However, when I do go on hunts out west where shots can be longer than here in the east, I use a hip quiver.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

I recently put a tight spot quiver on my new bow. Pricey but I really like it. No vibration noise at all.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I've been bowhunting for over 45 years and I never had more than 2 shots in a day. And that day I shot one arrow at a turkey and one at a deer. The turkey won that contest, the deer didn't. So I use a simple 3 arrow Kwiki-quiver. I have 2 of them and I bought extra brackets that I have one each bow. I also take mine off when I get to my stand. But even if I didn't the weight of this quiver does not affect my shot much if at all. However, when I do go on hunts out west where shots can be longer than here in the east, I use a hip quiver.
Me thinks we think a lot alike. 3 arrows are plenty for a treestand hunter and a morning or evening hunt. I figure if I need more than that then I need to head back to the truck while kicking myself in the ass the whole way. And I too remove the quiver from the bow once on stand.

Spot and stalk out west? Maybe six, but no more.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Alpine Softloc quiver is the ONLY quiver I've tried that not only is quiet, but with the rubber and carbon fiber, actually reduces noise and vibration. The nice thing is not only does it attach/detach easily but it has 2 shaft holders so you don't have to jam the broadheads in foam.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Alpine Soft Lok X2 !
Old 08-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

I have an alpine soft lok on my martin slayer and am happy with it, but I am really impressed with the tightspot on my new Martin cougar.