Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I think I' m in love... >

I think I' m in love...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I think I' m in love...

Old 08-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I think I' m in love...

I took the Gator Jaw release head I bought from Dave off the strap and put it on a scott molded hand grip to create what can be seen and bought from here-

http://buckpole.com/pages/acc.html

The grip fits my hand like a glove, really feels good, but the test is in how it pulls, holds and fires. Just had a quick chance to fling 4 arrows.

My bow is set up currently with a Tru Speednok and I shoot a mongoose off the string, so the sights were bound to be off with the gator jaw, so I stood close to the target. What I noticed-

Above and below dual caliper clips to string very nicely, very secure. Molded grip gives plenty of power to pull the bow back. Very easy to hold the bow out and level, and simply pull the string straight back. Feels very instictive, like I' m using my fingers. Similar to a winn glove. Release locks DEAD solid against my jaw bone, string to nose, very solid, secure and repeatable feeling. Trigger is set kind of heavy (it' s adjustable), but very crisp when it fires. No play whatsoever.

I' ll need to re-set my nock point(s) to use this release, which I plan to do by installing either 2 brass nock points or one and my speed nock. It was love at first sight that carried over to first and subsequent pulls...
Old 08-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I think I' m in love...

I' m glad it' s working out for you.
Now you need to slap in that 29" module and see if the new shorter release (if this replaced a string loop) will allow you to use it.
Don' t forget the before and after chrony speeds while your at it. But only if the 29" module feels right.
My bow would pick up 9 fps when swapping the 29" module for the 30" module (same arrow ,same draw).

Good luck with it!!
Old 09-02-2003, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I think I' m in love...

Dave, that' s the next test on the block... results should prove interesting. I know I can shoot 29" off the string with my mongoose adjusted properly, but I' m not sure about the Gator Jaw w/Scott MG... It feels soooo perfect right now.