Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Question about Quiver selection >

Question about Quiver selection

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question about Quiver selection

Old 08-27-2003, 01:27 PM

Default Question about Quiver selection

Hello everyone--I' m new to the forum and this is my second year bow hunting, but I have been hunting for as long as I can remember!

I' m currently looking into getting a hip quiver to replace the quiver that I have on my bow now. I' ve talked with a couple of people and they have given me conflicting answers to why I should or should not use one to hunt with. So I guess my question would be what do you all think? And do you have any plus/minus things to look for in a purchase?

Hope that made since...

Thanks in advance!

Mat
Old 08-27-2003, 01:38 PM

Default RE: Question about Quiver selection

You know ....everytime someone post this I say the same thing . I don' t really like my quiver on the bow and although I was fired up about using a hip quiver....... when really hunting I didn' t like it either !!
I then went to a Catquiver II by Rancho Safari which is a backpack quiver combo. They are expensive , but man do I love mine........can' t imagine hunting without it now !! It' s worth a look anyway !
Old 08-27-2003, 01:41 PM

It' s a matter of preference Kiresis........if you want to hunt with a quiver attached to your bow, then leave it on your bow and do all of your preseason shooting with it ON your bow. I personally, prefer to shoot my bow with my quiver off. I still have a quiver that attachs to my bow, but I take it off and hang it on a hook once situated in my tree. If you go this route, just make sure whichever quiver you choose is one that can easily be taken off and put back on. Good luck to you in the deer woods.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personaly would use a bow mounted quiver. I would think a hip quiver would make noise, and be cumbersome while in the field. If you want a good quality bow quiver that is easily removed when in the tree or once situated on the ground, get a Alpine Softlock. They are a sweet quiver.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:32 PM

im with cbm sc on this one getting tired of getting to my stand and taking my soft loc off and having to put it back on when i leave plus my little fanny pack is getting to small it seems like every year i find more stuff to take with me to the stand i want to have a cat quiver 3 by the start of season they are pretty pricey though
Old 08-28-2003, 09:02 AM

Thanks alot for the responses!

I' ll take a look at both--right now I practice with the quiver on the bow, but no arrows in it. When I hunt, the quiver will be full of arrows--so I guess I should put some arrows in the quiver for practice!

Thanks again!

Happy Hunting
Old 08-29-2003, 09:16 PM

I tried a hip quiver last year. I bought a new bow and did not want a bow quiver. I bought a cheap PSE hip quiver at wal-mart on clearance. I hunted one weekend with it and had a hell of a time being silent with it. The arrows slapped my climber and just seemed to grab every shrub branch and what have you. Needles to say I was back at the archry shop buying a detatchable quiver to take off once i get to my stand.
The only problem I see now is I bought a adjustable sight and the I can see the bow quiver getting in the way. I might try to resurect the Hip qiver. But I have a feeling I will be using the bow quiver.
I do' nt know how Chuck Adams does it?