Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Eyeglasses and Anchor points?? >

Eyeglasses and Anchor points??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Eyeglasses and Anchor points??

Old 01-28-2002, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Eyeglasses and Anchor points??

In the past I remember reading some articles about anchor ponits.I remember one article stated that shooters who wear glasses and use their nose as one of their anchor points are better off to have the string along side their nose rather that using the tip of their nose.
I wear glasses and can shoot both ways ie:tip of nose or along side the nose both with the same accuracy.
Seems to me that if you have the string along side the nose then your drawlength is probably a shade too long.
What is the theory of eyeglass wearers and why should they use the side of nose rather than the tip?
Old 01-28-2002, 09:01 PM

Default RE: Eyeglasses and Anchor points??

If I shoot with my glasses on I have to use the side of my nose to keep from seeing double pins. If I use the tip I have to look between the lenses which is no good. so to get rid of all the problems I got contacs
Old 01-29-2002, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

I've shot for so long on the side of my nose that it feels wierd when I try the tip of my nose. Haven't stayed with it long enough to know if I'd shoot better or not. My one friend (though I have more then one) improved dramatically when he switched to the tip of his nose.
Old 01-29-2002, 07:49 AM

What you are saying is the exact situation I am in -- I put the tip of my nose on the string with a 40" A-A bow, if I go to the side, it would require the draw length to be too long. I have to remove my glasses, or it screws up my field of view because I look right at the wire frame, and even though I see "around" it, it plays havoc with my sight picture. I will be checking with Chuck from Feathervisions (at Vegas) about some type of shooter glasses that he makes that has the prescription accurate all the way to the corner of the lens (most do not). Hopefully he will have a pair/style that I can see clearly out of while at anchor. My eyes are 20/35 to 20/40, so they are not that bad.

For hunting, I use a No-peep, so I can use glasses.