Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BOWSITE.com

Old 08-08-2003, 06:01 PM

Default RE: BOWSITE.com

While it was an interesting test, I never get too excited with human testing. Opinions vary, and bias enters even when blindfolded.

I' d prefer as many tests as possible to be recorded on a machine by an independent company that doesn' t sell bows. I would prefer all draws lengths measured to be the same. I' d rather a machine recorded the decibel level, opposed to a subjective opinion . I would also think there should be something that could measure recoil and vibration, with the bow held by a stand or something other than a person. Maybe a slow motion video could record things like nock travel or recoil.

Their test was a good start and is better than reading manufacturer ads. Let' s hope it' s taken further, down the road.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Realistically, that is why we have REAL TECHS that do static and dynamic testing![]

It' s now coming around to what I have been trying to state all along---UNLESS you have the machines and/or formulas/knowledge to use them, and take the time to use them to come to a non-biased conclusion, anyones' so-called " tests" are nothing more than subjective opinions intermingled with bias/brand loyalty/personal preference. Bottom line.... You look around the board here, and we all know who' s who in the zoo, what everyone prefers, and what bows we individually will speak highly of, and what ones we won' t. If new bows have attributes of the bows we like, fine, if they have the attributes of bows we dislike, then guess what happens during the " test" .....

THAT is why I don' t do testing myself much anymore--simply because with two archery businesses to run and a family I have enough to do, and I have vested interests and of course am bias due to my businesses. Most other people who eitehr own a website or archery-related business or shoot for a company or even simply are brand-loyal have their biasms also.

Norb Mullaney and Emery Loiselle have been doing these " full" techincal reports for years---they sit in the middle of the road with no bias, and let the tests speak for themselves. They do not cut equipment down, yet they do not talk them up much either. It' s all in the testing and graphs, charts, and factors. It is up to us to read between the lines a little, that' s all.

All of this other so-called testing is simply " fluff" for those trying to promote either themsleves or their desired product or products or both, is the way I see it. Why not come straight to the point like I do--simply work for a company, and promote the line? Isn' t that much easier??

I say leave the testing to those who truly know what the h*ll their doing. This will help to squash any possible mis-info or biased reports. Then maybe we can concentrate on important things like shooting or hunting or other " technical" cool stuff.... Just my own thoughts, good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 08-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read the test report & find it interesting that people jumped on the chance to point out the LX was faster than the VFT, by .4 fps. What I did not see mentioned was the comment that the VFT was the writer' s favorite of the bunch.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:53 AM

I read the test report & find it interesting that people jumped on the chance to point out the LX was faster than the VFT, by .4 fps.
Don' t you know, that speed is everything! [&:]