Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Should I kisser? >

Should I kisser?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Should I kisser?

Old 02-03-2002, 04:41 PM

Default Should I kisser?

I have always had a kisser button on my hunting bows. I got my CyberTec and plan to shoot 3d this year. I have shot my bow 3 times and have had two diffrent peeps in it. I was told that the peep is your ancher point but the first peep I had would not stay straight so I replaced it with a lagrer round peep but the hole in this peep seems too big and in order to get me shooting straight I added a nock to the string to use as a kisser. The first peep set at an angle and had a small hole I liked but it would not stay straight. I dont shoot a loop. And I don't really want a kisser but I am shooting all over the place with out it. Any one got some advice on what to do?
Old 02-03-2002, 05:01 PM

Default RE: Should I kisser?

If it aint broke dont fix it . it sounds like you are comfortable(spl) with a kisser, put one and try it. if it helps good if it doesnt well.... have you tried a peep with the tube? you loose a couple of fps but its always right there.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would put the kisser back on for another ancho point
and if you dont shoot good groups you can always take it back off
Old 02-03-2002, 05:59 PM

I hate kissers as well. I use a kisser as a "nose" button and couple it with a solid anchor behind the ear.
Old 02-04-2002, 04:44 AM

I am thinking about getting a TruBall Speed Nok and putting a loop on my bow. I hope this will hold the smaller peep in place.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Personally Im a peep sight man, I get a better more consistant anchor with a peep. I shoot a loop, and once the string has stretched and is "happy", usually the peep will always rotate around into position. But go with what your most used to and works best for you.
Old 02-04-2002, 12:14 PM
Spike

Peep and Kisser, I think it gives me more consistency. You can also use eliminator buttons instead of the larger kisser's.
Bill
Old 02-04-2002, 02:19 PM

Bo539's right...if it aint broke don't fix it! I personaly use a kisser and a peep,and anchor my knuckle on my earlobe. The more anchors the better!
Old 02-04-2002, 06:20 PM

Not an expert shooter scottsman, but I enjoy shooting fingers allot...maybe it's not an option, but makes shooting allot more simpler.

Finger shoot it man, just use your fingers.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:27 PM

Jeepman..I'm not an expert shooter either, that's why I need all the anchors I can get.
I always admired you finger guys.

Quick Reply: Should I kisser?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.