Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
bow slips out of press??? >

bow slips out of press???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bow slips out of press???

Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Spike

Default bow slips out of press???

Has anyone ever lost a bow whether it slips out of the press or the string breaks or anything that would make the bow "explode"??? if so, do you think a bow can handle that type of force or would you guess that it's junk after something that violent?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

I have had bows dry fire (yea its happened to me), I have had bows break strings on release. Cables break. Never had a press incident, but probably will one day.

All bows survived, but some had issues. Mostly cams bent, and axles bent. All were fixable one way or the other. I always have trouble trusting a bow after an incident however. I usually trade or sell.

It takes quite a bit to make a bow explode. But if a person keeps shooting a splintered limb, it can happen.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:09 AM
Fork Horn

Late yesterday evening a bow I just finished up, was taken to the range to shoot a few arrows. The customer wanted to see the arrow in flight and get a feel for his new setup. He shot the bow with hand open and the bow feel to the ground. Nothing wrong with the bow!! I have had one mishape with the press, but the bow only falls 8" or so. In 40+yrs around bows I have seen a lot of dry fired bows, cracked limbs and broken risers. The old magnesium riser snapped in half and ususally in the sight window area. So you were left holding the grip and the rest of the bow was down range.