Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
need help sighting bow in >

need help sighting bow in

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need help sighting bow in

Old 03-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default need help sighting bow in

Hello everyone. I just bought my wife a new mathews passion to replace her old bow. Now we have run into a problem. the first shot she took at 10 yds to start sighting it in. The arrow hit low. No problem, arrow needs to go up, sight goes down. Next arrow hit low still so i move the sight down again. Long story short. The sight is pretty much bottomed out and arrows are still hitting low. I nocked an arrow and elevated the drop away rest and checked it with a T square and the arrow is perfectly flat. I dont know what else to do. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

It may sound strange, but try sighting in the 10 yard pin yourself. Your anchor point won't be accurate, but if you put it up to where you can aim with her peep placement you will get a fairly close sight in. What kind of rest are you using? Is it possible she's torquing the bow when she shoots?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the suggestion but I tried that. It does the same for me. I have never run into this problem. I am truly stumped. I even moved her string loop down to give the arrow a slightly upward angle and it didnt work. Normally I would think it is the shooter but she is an EXTREMELY accurate shooter and at 10 yds she is grouping arrows that are touching each other. The groups are just low. They are like 10 inches low at 10 yds with the sight bottomed out.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Spike

Have you checked the cam timing?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds to me like your wife's anchor point is too high on her face. Also if her older bow was quite a bit long ATA and her new bow is a short ATA and your set the peep heights the same for both bows this will make the new bow shoot lower because with the shorter ATA you will have to have a higher peep height to get to the same anchor point as on her older , longer ATA bow.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! Her peep was to low. She was having to dip her face to see through her peep which was changing her anchor point. Slid her peep up to allow her to correctly anchor and everythings fine now. Thanks for the help guys