Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Quiver, Rest and Sight question??? >

Quiver, Rest and Sight question???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Quiver, Rest and Sight question???

Old 07-27-2003, 08:39 PM

Default Quiver, Rest and Sight question???

OK guys, I’m outfitting my bow with some new gear this year and since my mind is pretty much made up on the rest and sights my question is really about what type of “removable” quiver system will work. Also, if anyone does have some good “first-hand” experience why I shouldn’t go with my chosen rest or sights, speak up.

I shoot a Mathews Ultra Max. My first change will be to replace my existing GKF Golden Premier with a Muzzy ZE. The GKF is a quality piece, it has worked well, I’m just looking to try something new and I have heard great things from you guys using the Muzzy ZE. My second change will be to replace my existing PSE RS Glow sights with a single pin adjustable, something like a Cobra Easy Slide or a Tru-Glo Glo-Brite single pin. Again, the RS is a great sight and it has worked well but for the past few years I have used my RS as a single pin “non-adjustable” with only a single pin set at 25 yds, good from 0-32 yds at +/- 2”. Even though 99 of 100 times I won’t even touch the adjustment I figured that one time I need it will happen eventually, and again, it something new and I’m looking for a change.

So my question is, what “removable” quiver system will work? The quiver-mounting bracket will have to work with adjustable sight system and also have to clear the side of the Muzzy ZE. I’m currently using a one-piece PSE quiver, I’d like to keep using it, it will definitely clear the Muzzy ZE but I don’t think it will work with the adjustable sight. It has a bracket that is cutout for the RS Glow dovetail knob and mounts on the side of the dovetail bracket.

Anybody have any ideas? Anybody have any pic’s of their setup?

Thanks for the help,
Toby
Old 07-28-2003, 07:22 AM

Default RE: Quiver, Rest and Sight question???

Give me a call at muzzy and i will try to help you with the set up you are looking for as far as the quiver is concerned. Eric
Old 07-28-2003, 08:44 AM

Default RE: Quiver, Rest and Sight question???

Thanks Eric,

I called Muzzy this morning and talked to another guy, you were outside moving something, and got everything squared away. Now I just need to decide which sight I want.

Thanks again,
Toby