Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help, dont know what to do next? >

Help, dont know what to do next?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help, dont know what to do next?

Old 07-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help, dont know what to do next?

Ok, here is the story. Up until a few weeks ago, my bow was perfectly tuned. Broadheads and field point impacting same spot and the bow was really quiet. Now, at 20 yards I hit right on the dime. But at 30 and beyond, I' m about 5 or 6 inches low. I can' t figure it out. I checked my rest and nock point with what I had last year and it still exact. I am in line vertically with my groups, but low out at 30 and beyond. I' m pretty sure its not my form as I shoot a lot and worked on that pretty hard for the past few years and its never been a problem till now.

What should I do next?

Here is my setup:
02 Cybertec w/versacam
Copper John DeadNuts sight
NAP Quicktune 4000 drop away
Winners Choice String and Cable
String loop
Gold Tip 5575 XT' s at 27" with a 100gr point
Old 07-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help, dont know what to do next?

Have you checked your draw weight? Brace height? Axle to axle length?
Old 07-23-2003, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a little update to throw another monkey wrench into the equation. I a few broadheads tonight and they shoot better than the field points do. They are still about 2 inches low, but right down the middle. I really would hate to have to make adjustments but I think I am going to have to.

Arthur, yes, I did check all my measurements, including tiller, ATA length and draw weight and everything is in check with last years numbers.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

If everything is same same, then it sounds to me like your pins have moved. Time to reset the sights.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your nock may have sliped up on you slightly ,very slightly ,2 inches at 30 yards is a reel small adjustment
Old 07-23-2003, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is what I dont get. The pins are set fairly close. If I set them farther apart (moving my 30 yarder down) I will have a pretty big pin gap. This isn' t a bad thing, but wouldn' t a bow like mine have a pretty small pin gap considering I' m shooting fairly light carbons?

Just something I thought about, its really not a big deal. I shot it through paper and was getting a slight high tear also.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like your nock point slid up or the serving is separating and causing it to go up.Reset the nock point and see what happens.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:01 AM

Have you checked to see that the rest is still coming all the way up at full draw. I had a problem with that once. Just a thought.

Good Luck
Old 07-24-2003, 08:02 PM

Sounds to me like your draw weight has decreased given your pins have not moved ..........You stated your horizontal grouping was right down the middle, so this indicates a good form and stance......I once experienced a 5" drop in my verticle grouping but was due to removing the rubber peep tube on my peep sight!!!!! I was trying to eliminate extra stuff and stumbled across this efect.....I couldn' t believe the little rubber tube caused that much verticle drop..............