Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
muddy stands/ sticks compared to lone wolf >

muddy stands/ sticks compared to lone wolf

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

muddy stands/ sticks compared to lone wolf

Old 12-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Spike

Default muddy stands/ sticks compared to lone wolf

I am thinking of selling my lone wolf/ climbing sticks & switching to the muddy outdoors stand & sticks. Does anyone have any experience w/ the muddy hang on/ climbing sticks? I hang & hunt so I love the ease of which the lone wolf hangs & how easy the climbing sticks fit to it. But the lone wolf isn't very comfortable & in certain trees the top strap won't get very tight & makes a little noise, which drives me crazy! thanks!!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't used any Muddy stands, but I found Lone Wolf steps much easier to use and I could get higher than the Muddy sticks.
If you are looking at increasing the comfort of the Lone Wolf stand why dont you just replace the pad with a more comfortable one?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Spike

thanks for the info! just what i wanted to do is get someones advise who has used both products!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your strap isn't getting tight on the stand you are not using it correctly. My stands go on rock solid once I fold the platform down. I don't use the hook option I use the offset bracket.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Spike

I have and use both Lone Wolf and Muddy stands and sticks. I used the Muddy sticks for one season. When they were recalled, I just sent them back for a refund. I did like the way they attached to the tree. I had a tough time getting the height I needed with just 4 sticks. The Lone Wolf sticks I can get to the height I need with 4. I think the Lone Wolf were a little lighter as well. As far as the stands go, both are good, my preference is the Lone Wolf. Cast Aluminum vs Tube Aluminium. That is my 2 cents
Old 02-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't tried Lone Wolf, but I've heard good things.

I used Muddy sticks this year and I am totally impressed.

The good...stack ability, weight, rope system, mouse quiet. They grip great to the tree.

The bad...4 sticks will get you 12 feet tops if you have long legs. Price.

You'll need more steps for sure. Stacking 6 steps, just get you bigger strap to keep them together. Best thing about the product is how quiet it is in the woods. I hung a stand about 100 yards from a buddy and the only thing he heard was me walking in the leaves.