Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
New bow your thoughts please. >

New bow your thoughts please.

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New bow your thoughts please.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Spike

Default New bow your thoughts please.

I am getting reay to finally upgrade after shooting a PSE Thunder flite for 15 yrs. I have narrowed it down to the PSE Stinger and the Martin Bengal after reaing reviews and my budget. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

The best advise anyone on here is going to give you, go out and shoot both bows and see which one you like better. When it comes down to it, you are the one shooting the bow, not anyone else on this site.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Spike

I know that's the standard answer but was just looking for input from those that might have or had these bows. Thanks though.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly I like the Martins but to be truthful, I got a Bengal and had it for about 2 weeks and took it back and got a Firecat. For some reason I could not get the Bengal tuned (I later found out it was probably the Ripcord arrow rest screwing me up). If you are leaning toward the Martin, take a strong look at the Cheetah. I have the prementioned Firecat, a Cheetah, and a Monster Buck Hunter. The Firecat is the fastest but the Cheetah is super smooth and plenty fast enough. Good luck with you decision.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Spike

I have a 2010 Martin Cheetah and a 2010 Martin Firecat TR2. You can't go wrong with either one. As previously stated the Cheetah is smooth and accurate,the Firecat is fast and accurate. Martins customer service is second to none,I had a limb crack on my Firecat after about 300 shots. I returned to my dealer and was shooting again in FIVE days with all new stuff,limbs, cables ,cams ,strings. I didn't need cams but got them anyway. No cost to me.I am a die hard Martin fan.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Spike

I recently bought a 2010 PSE stinger and I absolutely love it. It is priced very reasonable at most places for all that your getting. Also, most places (including ebay) where I looked, the bow comes ready to hunt. I bought mine for 350 and all I had to get was arrows and I was ready to go. I think this bow is very forgiving also. I can shoot such tight groupings compared to some of my friends with other brand bows who have much more archery experience than me.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Spike

Thanks for all the replies. Have looked at the Cheetah but don't know about the short ATA as compared to the Bengal. I am also checking into the Firecat. Always been a PSE fan but lots of Martin responses to customer service. Still trying to decide.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

sent you a pm
Old 02-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Just getting the Stinger this weekend. Looks sick, and feels even better!

BB
Old 02-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

One new bow I have been told to look at and shoot is the Mathews EZ7. I guess the EZ7 is new for 2011 and shoots very smooth.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.