Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

broadhead size

Old 11-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Spike

Default broadhead size

I dont really now the diff in broadhead size. my brother is bow is at 67 pounds and 29 inch draw.. right now he is shooting 100 gran rages. i was just wanting to know if he goes up in size like 125 or do down to 85 what would happen. I have always thought just use 100 gran and forget about it.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by LamboIcon
I dont really now the diff in broadhead size. my brother is bow is at 67 pounds and 29 inch draw.. right now he is shooting 100 gran rages. i was just wanting to know if he goes up in size like 125 or do down to 85 what would happen. I have always thought just use 100 gran and forget about it.

First of all the obvious is the speed. We all know that a heavier arrow will fly slower than a lighter arrow. However it could also affect the spine of the arrow, depending on how long an arrow is and what weight you are going to tip the arrow with.

I would question why is it that he wants to change; I don’t think that going to 125 or stepping down to 85 is going to amount to a hill of beans.

I do shoot some very drastic in weight arrows; I have some I shoot at 550 Gn and others I shoot at 420 Gn, and some in between. They are shot on different bows; I have bows for hog and deer hunting, some for varmints and others for target only.

It all depends on what you are going to do with your bow. I like to look at bows like shoes; having a specific purpose.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

As the Rev said more or less the spine of the arrow and foc will be the only thing you will see. Unless the foc goes down to low or the spine is to soft out of the bow. I have shot many arrows in weight, with different weight heads from 85-125 with the same "stiff" arrow and hit in the same spot at 40yds but at 50yds the group started to spread. I tried this with little shafts and got real bad results.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Spike

Thumbs up Broadhead size

It will change your F.O.C. (Front of center), spine of arrow and speed. Try different combo's and you will see a big difference.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Spike

Thanks guys
Old 11-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Fork Horn

Adding weight will also create more kinetic energy.