Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wisker biscut - feathers >

wisker biscut - feathers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wisker biscut - feathers

Old 01-13-2008, 10:48 AM

Default wisker biscut - feathers

do feathers shoot well thru a wisker biscut
Old 01-13-2008, 10:53 AM

Default RE: wisker biscut - feathers

no, i've never had any luck with whisker bisquit. tears my feathers up. there are other choices out there. that don't effect your feathers as much.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only Once.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

My feathers shoot awesome through my WB. Just put one drop of glue on the leading edge of each feather, where it meets the shaft. If you're hunting with a biscuit - I would highly recommend feathers over all other available options.

I shoot 4" gateway feathers with no helical through a fuse biscuit.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never had any problems with feathers in mine...I've had a WB about 4 years now, wouldn't change it for anything..
Old 01-13-2008, 11:56 AM

no they rip off[]
Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

The only way they will rip off is if they aren't installed correctly. As quiksilver said, a drop of glue on the leading edge of the feather will solve this problem. Feathers will shoot great through a properly tuned WB, but they will eventually wear out and need to be refletched. If you want something a little more durable, I strongly suggest using blazer vanes.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:54 PM

X2. The Whisker Biscuit and the 2" Blazers are like beer and pizza.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jeremy3303

The only way they will rip off is if they aren't installed correctly. As quiksilver said, a drop of glue on the leading edge of the feather will solve this problem. Feathers will shoot great through a properly tuned WB, but they will eventually wear out and need to be refletched. If you want something a little more durable, I strongly suggest using blazer vanes.
Why should you even have to go through the troubles of the extra glue to modify your arrows.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

ORIGINAL: jeremy3303

Why should you even have to go through the troubles of the extra glue to modify your arrows.
Its not extra glue, its just another step in the process. All it takes is a single drop of glue on the leading edge to seal it off and have that extra durabilty. I don't see how that is any trouble at all, it just takes a few seconds per arrow.

Quick Reply: wisker biscut - feathers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.