Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
What to use to sharpen my Magnus stingers? >

What to use to sharpen my Magnus stingers?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What to use to sharpen my Magnus stingers?

Old 10-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default What to use to sharpen my Magnus stingers?

I was just wondering what you guys would suggest to use to sharpen my Magnus Stinger broadheads? I have a handheld sharpener but I dont really like the edge it puts on them. Maybe I am just being too picky but I would rather have them as sharp as I can possibly get them. Any input is great. Thanks
Old 10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Spike

If you go to the Magnus website there are some videos on how to sharpen their broadheads. Or you can send them back and they will sharpen or replace them. I'm also from Kansas and know the season is open, so sending them off might not be an option for you right now.Hope this helps you, and good luck this season.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

www.kmesharp.com

I've used this system for years. The knife sharpening system will sharpen both knifes and broadheads, or you can elect to purchase just the broadhead sharpener. Don't work for them but I use the product and it works great. You will shave hair off your arm. To get them sharper than that, use a leather strop with polishing compound, four strokes after honing is all you'll need.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Hey thanks alot guys. I like the looks of that kmesharp system. If I take the plunge on getting a good sharpening set up I will probably go with it. Thanks again for your input.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will second the leather; turn sharp, into scary sharp