Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
String and Cable questions >

String and Cable questions

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String and Cable questions

Old 06-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default String and Cable questions

Hey 2 quick questions: I got my new Vaportrail string and cable today and probably wont get them installed immediately...

1. Is there anything I should do to the string? Letting it sit in the packaging for 2-3 weeks wont hurt anything right?

2. Is a string install straightforward enough to just take it to Gander Mountain or would you take it to a pro shop? Its much more convenient for me to get to Gander, but I prefer to take it to a pro shop in general... But if a string install is truly a brainless job I'll just run it in there...

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The string will be fine until you get it installed, as for taking it to Gander, well as long as you trust their pro. After all he will putting the string on as well as tuning it up and making sure your nock set up is correct. Also make sure you are able to shhot your bow after they set it up...
Old 06-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

don't take your Bow to GM for work unless you personally know the guy or gal!! I quit going there about 10 yrs ago after some horrible mistakes by them. find a respectable Bow Shop shop around for one ask questions not all Shops are grade A Believe me been shooting for 50 years.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

don't take it to GM....NO GM......NO GM
FIND YOURSELF A PRO SHOP and check them out there are some bad apples out there saying the are Bow Techs and they are useless and will steal your $$$ and mess your bow up worst
Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good grief putting on a string is mindless, I'd take it to G.M. any idiot can install a string, just inspect it when you pick it up!
I'm lucky to have a pro shop in my house, I have all the equipment to do anything a pro shop can do even though one of my sponsors will let me use his bow shop any time I want.