Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Looking at Bow Presses >

Looking at Bow Presses

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Looking at Bow Presses

Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Looking at Bow Presses

I am thinking about getting a bow press. I like to do my own work and have been doing most of it over the past 20 years but I need a bow press for the new style parallel limbs. What would be a good press for the money? Do they have the capability of doing the older style bows as well? Thanks
Old 06-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Spike

Look no further than the EZ Press from Last Chance. No BS, no pins to move, just crank it in or out to the right length. 2 or 2 1/2 turns and your bow is pressed.

Tyler
Old 06-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

While the ez press is very nice it also like $600, thats crazy imo. Go over to at and look it the diy forum and look for the $20 bow press thread. I made one and ive used it on my 101,z7, and my moms razor edge and it works great.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Typical Buck

If you have the coin the EZ would be the way to go. But most people cant justify that redicoulous amount from some steel tubing and a peice of allthread. Sorry but in a nutshell, that's what they are.

Last Chance has also shut down most of the people that were building their own style of press. A few were radically differnt thet the EZ.......

Go to the classified section of the other archery forum and look around for used Toad400 presses or ones made by a guy named sootballs. Sootballs has also designed a new type press since he was forced to stop selling his old press by Last Chance. It's still a little prices but nothing as bad as the EZ
Old 06-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

the omni presses on archery talk are pretty sweet. I would give those a look if you want a good cheap press!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

$600 is really more than I am willing to spend for a press. I ordered the Omni Straightline Press. Ill let you know how it works.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

I ordered the Omni Bench Press and Alberts Bow Vise which fits into the leg of the Press very convenient and heavy duty!!!
good job Albert!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I made my own for about 60.00 bucks.