Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
need a new string >

need a new string

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need a new string

Old 06-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Spike

Default need a new string

looking for a new string for my pse stinger" original string has had its better days," so i'm looking for options, who are quality company's i know there's a huge difference between some of them, and i do know that pse didn't the best strings on the stingers to begin with. so quality, price, etc. ty in advance
Old 06-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Spike

visit wicked1archery.com
top notch strings and excellent customer service. no peep rotation no creep no serving seperation . 1 year warranty.
string and shoot no shoot in times. you can order right on the website . any questions feel free to ask .
Old 06-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Try Allan at www.worldsbeststrings.com or Mike and Gale at
816-232-2577 Carter's Archery.Both do A+ Quality workmanship!! Mike got 12 more fps after he built strings and tuned my Voyager.there are alot of good string builder's and tuner's out there everyone has their favorites after a while.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bucknasty is my choice, call John at 828-680-9862, he's awesome to deal with and makes what I think is the best string on the market.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
Bucknasty is my choice, call John at 828-680-9862, he's awesome to deal with and makes what I think is the best string on the market.
I would second this recommendation, but there are many who make good strings. MeanV on here deals in Vapor Trail strings, another good one. Then there is H&M that I'm getting good reviews about and at a very good price of around $55 a set.

Whoever you choose I think you'll find any of them superior to the factory strings you now have. Good luck.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will second Meanv's Vapor Trails. Picked up a set last year and they are awesome...Great person to work with...
Old 06-26-2010, 01:44 AM
Typical Buck

Most of the custom string makers make a very good product. And many have great customer service.

Check out Joe at wicked1. He makes a great string, with quality materials, and has customer services that cannot be beat!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Spike

For aftermarket strings its hard to beat Winner's Choice. I shot them for quite a few years before I started building my own.

The fellow who bought my '06 Trykon XL is still shooting the same WC strings that I put on shortly after I bought the bow and they're in as good of shape as they were 5 years ago.

Tyler
Old 06-28-2010, 04:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with the above,, I'll promote Mean V if he sponsors me with several free strings a year like Bucknasty does..
Old 06-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by The Rev
I agree with the above,, I'll promote Mean V if he sponsors me with several free strings a year like Bucknasty does..
LOL. thanks for the reply's, much help....