Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
what a surprise. >

what a surprise.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what a surprise.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default what a surprise.

I bought a 2005 Fred Bear SQ32 Cheap ( main reason I bought it) I intended to give it to one of my sons. I rigged it with a Diamond Wild thing stabilizer, a spott hogg hoggit sight and I'm so surprised how smooth this bow shoots. I know Bear copied the Hoyt Hybrid cam design I think that's the reason they only made it one year...
I'm keeping it!!! Dude, it's sweet!!! I was threading needles with it this afternoon at 40 yards. I'm so surprised!!! I'm gonna hunt with it this season.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:44 PM
bigcountry

Good deal. I have learned that high price tag does not always equal best bow.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well I've pretty much stuck with the big boys, and love Bowtech however I'm super impressed with Bear.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Good deal, Rev.

Nice to find a cheap bow that really shoots. I'm pretty sure the Bear cams are actually copies of the Darton CPS Extreme, that Champion and Pearson also used, but Bear put some weighting in them to cut the thump a bit. Every bow I've owned with those cams has been easy to shoot. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by JOE PA
Nice to find a cheap bow that really shoots. I'm pretty sure the Bear cams are actually copies of the Darton CPS Extreme, that Champion and Pearson also used, but Bear put some weighting in them to cut the thump a bit. Every bow I've owned with those cams has been easy to shoot. Hope you enjoy it.
I'll enjoy it, I'm sure I'm gonna keep it, I buy and sell bows all the time. Four years ago, I bought and sold over 20 bows, and have slowed down, but I think this year I'm going to push hard to buy and sell more, I already have a pro shop in my house.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you said surprised I thought your AARP package had arrived!