Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Release Suggestions Needed >

Release Suggestions Needed

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Release Suggestions Needed

Old 06-22-2003, 11:26 PM

Default Release Suggestions Needed

I' m currently in the process of looking for a new release, to replace my current cobra caliper. The feature I' m really looking at is adjustability over most any other features. I want something that I can set up to shoot just the way I want; be it trigger pull, length of the release, etc. Some of the current ones I' m looking at are the new Scott NCS, Scott Deluxe, Carter One Shot, and a couple others. So what do you guys like and why? I shoot of a loop if that makes any difference. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Release Suggestions Needed

I have been shooting a scott mongoose for 5 years or so and really love it. It has all the adjustments you want and it' s very smooth. That I recently tried my brothers little goose, basicly the same release but slimmed down. I like it even more! I always buy a release and try it. If I like it I buy another as a backup. Since my mongoose is still going strong I cant justify buying the little goose now, but if I were starting fresh it would be my first choice.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:58 AM

I own a Scott Little Goose and it is great. I used to shoot a tru-fire x-caliper, but switched to the scott and was amazed at what I was missing. The scott little goose helped my shooting form immensly. Spend the extra bucks and got with a scott you will be very pleased if you do.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

I have and like the Carter One shot. The trigger was the best of all of the releases I had tried. It breaks very cleanly with no takeup or creep. Makes it easy to fire with BT. The only complaints I have with it are in the strap. As a lefty, the buckle sit right on top of the bone on the inside of my wrist and is a bit uncomfortable. I plan on taking it to a tailor and have the strap on that side lengthened a bit. If you shoot it right handed, you should not have the problem.

Knowing about the strap issue ahead of time, I still would have bought the Carter.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:27 PM

I really like my scott mongoose. Make sure you get a buckle strap on your release instead of velcro though.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:30 PM

I like my scott mongoose, I shoot it off of a string loop. I have the velcro and like it because I can tighten it to where I like it.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:12 PM

I just went from the Original Mongoose andgot the Scott Rhino II.I shot this one and the Short& Sweet.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Another vote for the Scott Little Goose or Itty Bitty Goose.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fletcher makes a good release also.