Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
D-Loop Twisting? >

D-Loop Twisting?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

D-Loop Twisting?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default D-Loop Twisting?

I started using a hand held/thumb release with a hook that goes on the string. These types as opposed to caliper types that rotate 360 degrees are stationary and when you draw back to your anchor the string loop is twisted. Is this good?
Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just be careful that your loop is not too short. It can cause torque. Sometimes, we think that short D loops are required but they can cause issues.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

I wouldn't worry about the 1/4 twist you put in the D-Loop with a handheld release.

As mentioned above if your loop is exceptionally short (i.e. with the arrow nocked you have a hard time getting your release to clip on) the benefits in your accuracy will far outweigh the small amount to torque placed on the string.

Take a look at the guys who shoot serious target archery. All run D-Loops and nearly 100% use a handheld release that puts the same 1/4 twist in the string.