Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Impact Archery Collector >

Impact Archery Collector

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Impact Archery Collector

Old 06-09-2003, 08:30 PM

Default Impact Archery Collector

Does anyone have any experience with the Impact archery collector. I am interestd in getting a new sight that is bright for hunting and has more than one pin for 3d or practicing at longer distances. I have noticed there are 2 different ones out right now. The older one has the black gurad and the newer one has the clear guard. I have read that the newer one collects more light than the older one. Does anyone know the pin diameter of either of the collectors. Thanks.

LAHUNTER
Old 06-11-2003, 09:47 PM

Default RE: Impact Archery Collector

Yep, I got one last year, the version with the dark pin guard. Best sight I ever had and I' ve had more than a few in the last 30+ years. It has very small pins that are very bright. Excellent for hunting as it doesn' t cover up the target. Carried it through miles of thick brush, banged it, dropped it, rolled down rock slides with it, all those nasty things and it held up great. I think it' s the best sight on the market, but maybe thats cause I got one!! I' m left handed and when I received it, I had to reverse it causing the colors scheme to be reverse of what I wanted. Contacted the company and they had me send it back where they reversed the pins and fiber optic material and sent it back.....no charge. That' s great customer service!!
Old 06-12-2003, 06:09 AM

Lahunter,

The Collector has a .02" pin diameter. It is very bright, but not as bright as the Solo-NI160, which I just picked up. The solo has a .03" pin diameter and a better design, in my opinion, for light gathering. I' m a fan of one pin sights for hunting, and the Solo is the best I' ve come across. I' ve seen the two sights, side by side in a darker room and there was no comparison, the Solo was substantially brighter. If you really want a multiple pin sight, you may find the Impact Trio to be a brighter sight than the Collector.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:38 AM

Thanks for ya' lls help and opionions. I will most likely stick with the impact archery name. I just haven' t decided on which one I want to go with. Thanks again.

LAHUNTER
Old 06-12-2003, 08:13 AM

Lahunter,

In case there was any confusion, all the sights I mentioned are made by Impact Archery.