Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Please help-considering switch to two cam >

Please help-considering switch to two cam

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Please help-considering switch to two cam

Old 01-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Do most people on here prefer the dual cam? I personally like the single cam bows. I have a diamond black ice and my buddy has a bowtech guardian and I just like shooting mine better. Nothing wrong with it, just like the feel of the single cam.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kldad06
Do most people on here prefer the dual cam? I personally like the single cam bows. I have a diamond black ice and my buddy has a bowtech guardian and I just like shooting mine better. Nothing wrong with it, just like the feel of the single cam.
Feel has nothing to do with how many cams are on a bow. Feel is determined by the shape of the cams and modules. Wear a blindfold and have somebody hand you bows to draw. You won't be able to tell which is which. Generally speaking a more aggressive cam, single or dual, will produce more speed. To gain that speed the bow has to store more energy. To store more energy the shooter has to do more work. This is just laws of physics and there's no getting around it.

You want to feel smooth? Grab a bow from 30 years ago with round wheels ans see how smooth they roll over and they were all dualies back then. In fact, some had 4 wheels. Round wheels.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

The only thing that I have noticed is that on a dual cam bows, or at least on the several that I have shot, is that they have a very definite backwall. It says their is 80% letoff but if you breath funny or relax, your arm just flies forward. I just feel like I have to stay at max draw weight longer. That is what I was talking about on feel. It just seems there is not as noticable of a letoff on dual cams IMO.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:22 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

You must be shooting the quicker or speed bows. The fast bows are all arm yankers if you creep. The newer binary and Cam 1 1/2 bows that are not built for speed aren't nealy as unforgiving. Go to a shop and draw a Bowtech Captain and let the bow down. Feels like you have to travel 6 inches to get it to go down.

I'm currently shooting a Sentinal and it is easy on the arm as well. Doesn't want to run off on you. The speed bows all do. I think most everything has a draw stop on it now so the back wall should be the same on all of them.

The true two cam bows had a terrible back wall. You could pull them past full draw pretty easily. They were mushy on the wall. I think a few companies may still make a true dually but not many.