Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Curious About Chronograph >

Curious About Chronograph

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Curious About Chronograph

Old 06-06-2003, 09:38 PM

Default Curious About Chronograph

As I read the different questions and answers on this forum I am trying to absorb as much info that I can. One thing that I have read often is how fast a bow shoots. Do you all own a Chronograph or do you all go to the pro shop and shoot there? The more I read in this sight the more I would like to experiment with my equipment . What type of Chronograph is better, the Digital one that is set on a tripod or the radar one that goes screwed in where the stabilizer goes? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Curious About Chronograph

I' d give the screw in job a shot. If it is accurate (which it should be) then I don' t see the benfit of having the much larger tripod model if you end up with the same results from the smaller version.
I have a tripod mounted job and it' s a small pain in the rump to take it out and put it back up. I finally just left it on the tripod near my archery bench and work around it, or shove it in the corner when not in use

Smaller one gets my vote, but then again I' ve never seen one in action.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Both have their place and own uses.
But if you are like me and like to see what speed your arrow is doing at 20,30 and 40 yrds then get the tripod one.
Just dont do what I done and use the wrong pin and kill the crono
But hey I needed a new one anyway
Old 06-09-2003, 10:57 AM

I bought the digital and mounted it on my camcorder tripod. My choice was because I am not the only shooter in the family. I also do alot of changing from 3d to hunting and I want the max fps with the least amount of energy. I' m getting older and weaker. NOTE: Watch carefully when you purchase because there are still alot of older moldels out there with less features then the newer ones for the same money. Good luck on your choice............