Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Should I trim arrows 1"? >

Should I trim arrows 1"?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Should I trim arrows 1"?

Old 11-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Should I trim arrows 1"?

I just lowered my draw from 31" to 30". It is on a parker extremem hunter mag 68# and am shooting carbon express terminator lites 60/75 and 100gr tips. From what everyone on here told me before was that I could be borderline underspined so I am considering cutting it back 1", but will it make that much of a difference?
Old 11-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on how long they are now but cutting them is going to stiffen the spine.Max lenght they should be ok for lower d/w but cut them and they will be closer to correct for higher d/w I would think.Others with more knowledge should chime in and be more help! I shoot 28 d/l at 60 d/w and I have arrows from 29" to 26" in 400 spine.My hunting arrows are all identical but the misc. arrows are just practice and goofing off.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default i would bare shaft tune

the arrows and KNOW what the arrow length should be.