Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
suggestion on which arrows to buy >

suggestion on which arrows to buy

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

suggestion on which arrows to buy

Old 10-16-2009, 08:51 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bowhuntingnewbe
I was actually thinking of getting the maximas from carbon express, but I am on a fairly strict budget for now. I do have a question for you. My bow IBO's at something like 305 or 310 how much would a High FOC arrow like the maxima arrow affect the speed? I know that IBO speed is generated with a 30 draw and a specific weight arrow. I draw 28 so my speed is already reduced. Just wondering what your experience with these arrow has told you about velocity loss. I am hoping to get an 08 leftover 82nd airborne soon and I plan on shooting the maximas in that bow.
Good question. Believe it not, I find spine or FOC does not matter about speed right out of the bow. Only downrange.

High FOC with correct spine, makes very little difference with downrange point of impact. But it does make some after 30 yards.