Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
suggestion on which arrows to buy >

suggestion on which arrows to buy

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

suggestion on which arrows to buy

Old 10-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Spike

Default suggestion on which arrows to buy

Hey everyone,

Its been a while since I have posted here. I am in the market for new arrows for my bow. When I got the bow 2 Years ago I got 5 arrows with it. They are PSE carbon force dominator 300 arrows. I shoot a fred Bear Team Realtree Extreme 32, 67.5-68 pound draw weight, with a 28 inch draw length, 100 grain tip. I am really looking for suggestions on what the members here feel would be good arrows to buy for hunting. I am not particle to manufacture but I have been looking at beeman ics hunters,pse carbon force stealth hunter or pro's, and the verious eastons and gold tips. If anyone can steer me into a smart decision for my needs I would appreciate it. I wish everyone a safe and successfull bowhunting season.

Andrew
Old 10-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

A lot depends on your budget and how heavy you want you arrows to be. I have had good luck on the low end with goldtip xt's and carbon express term lite selects and on the higher end with carbon express maximas. From a price to performance ratio it's hard to be the goldtips or term/selects.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

You'll likely get suggestions for every arrow on the market.These days it's pretty hard to go wrong.If you're happy with those PSE arrows just stick with them.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agree, there are alot of "good" choices out there. If you are on a lower budget, ICS Hunters are a good choice.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Spike

thanks everyone for the help. I visited a pro shop in my area and they suggested the beeman ICS hunters. I will be getting a dozen her very soon. thanks again.

Andrew
Old 10-14-2009, 07:50 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bowhuntingnewbe
thanks everyone for the help. I visited a pro shop in my area and they suggested the beeman ICS hunters. I will be getting a dozen her very soon. thanks again.

Andrew
I myself have moved away from beman anything. Very inconsistent spines which is more important that straightness IMO. I used ICS for 4 years, and before that Hawks. Hawks wasn't too bad and they were a cheaper version.

I have moved to carbon tech whitetails and carbon express maximas. I used carbon express edge last year but they quit making them. ACC's are always good, Full metal jackets are good. But all these are expensive arrows.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bowhuntingnewbe

Andrew
I have been using ICS Hunters since I got into bowhunting in 2004. They have done well for me and havn't felt the need to experiment. They should work for you.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got a love the finish of the ICS, smooth as silk. Quiet on the draw. Losing one is a whole lot less painful than some others.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I myself have moved away from beman anything. Very inconsistent spines which is more important that straightness IMO. I used ICS for 4 years, and before that Hawks. Hawks wasn't too bad and they were a cheaper version.

I have moved to carbon tech whitetails and carbon express maximas. I used carbon express edge last year but they quit making them. ACC's are always good, Full metal jackets are good. But all these are expensive arrows.
I was actually thinking of getting the maximas from carbon express, but I am on a fairly strict budget for now. I do have a question for you. My bow IBO's at something like 305 or 310 how much would a High FOC arrow like the maxima arrow affect the speed? I know that IBO speed is generated with a 30 draw and a specific weight arrow. I draw 28 so my speed is already reduced. Just wondering what your experience with these arrow has told you about velocity loss. I am hoping to get an 08 leftover 82nd airborne soon and I plan on shooting the maximas in that bow.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

You don't need Maximas just yet. They are good arrows, but expensive and you aren't likely to see that much of a difference to justify the cost.

Easton/Beman should suffice for now or even Gold Tip XT.

In any case I'd say you are on the edge between a 400 spine and a 340 spine. Either should work, but the 340 would probably give more consistent broadhead flight.

Consider this. Choosing the right spined arrow is much more important than which brand of arrow. Arrows of similar price are going to be similar in quality. Something midrange should do you well. Maybe later on when you have more experience you might want to step uip to something of better quality, but I don't think it's necessary at this point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.