Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Problem with Rage after switching blades. >

Problem with Rage after switching blades.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problem with Rage after switching blades.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:24 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by FSUBIGMAC
I see its the typical BC post on here. As much at it KILLS me to admit it -- I have to agree with BC though. Not saying that using a mechanical is a bad thing -- some work-- some are more prone to failure. Beleive me I want to choke the dude just as much as you guys -- but he does know his stuff and I do value his opinion-- I just think he could get his point across in a less demeaning way instead of bashing everything people do.

For the record -- I just said I agree with BC -- and now I'm going to go hang myself
There is a method to this madness. I just wanted to make it good and stinky so in the next few years, when one comes on here with lost my deer thread. I can simply point to this thread. Its happened more times than you know. And I get the usual, I wish I listened to you back then.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LittleChief
You kill me sometimes, BC.

Hey, wasn't it just a day or two ago you lit me up because I said I shoot Grim Reapers? The differences between me and these guys is that for one, I respect your opintion and somewhere deep down I know that you're right. Second, I'm old enough to know better than to take the bait and respond....
I stand corrected. I didn't say I shot Grim Reapers; I said that I shot mechs for the 1 3/4" exit wound because I need more blood on the ground. Still, like I said, there's a part of me that knows you're right.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

In all of this bashing madness, there is like said, experience (allegedly anyway) in these forums.

BC is one of the ones that does have it obviously, and just like everyone else, would probably like to keep people from making the same mistakes he has seen and done. He doesnt come off so well alot of times lol, but it is an attempt at help

What alot of the all-knowing guys dont see sometimes tho, is there is a difference between not knowing, and not caring...

Derek
Old 09-24-2009, 11:30 AM
bigcountry

Come on guys, I am just joking around. I mean I am serious about mech heads, but rest is just funning a little. Didn't mean to get pass thru's feathers all ruffled. Even got this guy dstubb wanting to commit a felony (dad gone, I am good).

Use what you want.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Come on guys, I am just joking around. I mean I am serious about mech heads, but rest is just funning a little. Didn't mean to get pass thru's feathers all ruffled. Even got this guy dstubb wanting to commit a felony (dad gone, I am good).

Use what you want.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Thats not very nice. But I am in the southern Oh region from time to time. I would love to meet up with you.
I'm sure you would, but i'm not going to go to jail over some computer nerd with nothing better to do than bitch about what broadheds other people are using. Dude... you got way to much time on your hands. Seriously, think about this for a second. Does it really matter what heads other people are using, i mean is it really that big of a deal? They all work and they all kill deer.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

BC
Its not that you got my feathers ruffled. I completely understand where you coming from on the mechanicals. I use them with caution. The people who tend to have failers with them most likely arent as anal as I am. Ive had issues with fixed heads as well as some mechanicals but as of now I am pleased with the mechanicals Im shooting. I have every intention on staying with them until I see a reason not to. Im sure you are knowledgable and experienced, some of your posts Ive read in the past show that. I wasnt really questioning that. Its not what you say the iritates people its usualy how you say it. You have that uncanny nack of talking to somone like they are stupid, or below you some how. Evidently that is just your personality weather it be intentional or not I just dont care for it. Dont get me wrong, there are those who deserve a good razing and often are asking for it.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Experience is one thing, but to give someone all sorts of credit just because theyve done it before is nonsense. Some people with experience are masters in their craft, but others that have a ton of experience are still idiots after all that time.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

After taking the heads apart and inspecting everything, i came to realize that the pins that hold the blades in had become a little bent. It's very very hard to notice but i am 100% sure that it is the problem. I inserted a good pin on the bad heads and it seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for everyones advice on this issue.
So, if something so minor as a pin being bent so slightly that you can hardly notice it causes the broadhead not to work is it still worth risking it in the field?

All I am trying to get you to do is think about it just a little and put your ego aside for a minute. I know they cost $40 for a three pack but....... why would you want to use any broadhead that can be so prone to failure with something so minor? I don't care what brand or model it may be. Is it because you already paid $40 for these heads and you're just that determined to use them, future consequences be damned?

Last edited by bigbulls; 09-24-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

bigbulls if youre a muzzy fanboy or a NAP fanboy thats fine, but go find somewhere else to spew your preaching bs. I typically try to be a nice guy, but why do you insist on preaching to this guy and trying to bring him to your ways? More than one way to skin a cat brother.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.