Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Problem with Rage after switching blades. >

Problem with Rage after switching blades.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Problem with Rage after switching blades.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:01 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by dstubb
You obviously did not read what i wrote. I said that i have not had an issue in a "shooting situation". But thanks for that, maybe you can shed some light on the meaning of life while your at it?

Doubt that. Sorry if the truth hurts your feelings. Your just a victim of marketing. I know, I know, you feel like an idiot now. I don't blame ya. But there is time to get that bow shooting a decent head yet and not some gimic like the rage because someone on tv told ya too.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Doubt that. Sorry if the truth hurts your feelings. Your just a victim of marketing. I know, I know, you feel like an idiot now. I don't blame ya. But there is time to get that bow shooting a decent head yet and not some gimic like the rage because someone on tv told ya too.
Yon't to? Witcha didja? Coming from a guy that goes by the name of BigCountry? Haha, dude... go back to your shanty and spoon your goat. Times are changing, embrace technology, it's ok.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:26 AM
bigcountry

Yon't to? Witcha didja? Coming from a guy that goes by the name of BigCountry? Haha, dude... go back to your shanty and spoon your goat. Times are changing, embrace technology, it's ok.
Maybe your right. That big forkhorn you got last year really shows your stuff. Probably couldn't have done it without technology like the rage.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Creepy... seems like a have a stalker on my hands. I should have known that real men only shoot big racks, damn it all to hell. I'm such a woman for taking a management buck! Listen C-Bass... when the Rage robots begin the uprising against mankind, i will ask them to spare you and your silly little goat.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:31 AM
bigcountry

Creepy... seems like a have a stalker on my hands. I should have known that real men only shoot big racks, damn it all to hell. I'm such a woman for taking a management buck! Listen C-Bass... when the Rage robots begin the uprising against mankind, i will ask them to spare you and your silly little goat.
Easy dstubb, don't bust a spring. Just having some fun.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Let em get this straight and you stop and think about it for just a minute.

You haven't had any "shooting situation" problems in five years with mechanical braodheads.

Right now you are having problems just getting them to go together and function like they are suppose to.

You want to continue to use these same broadheads that are giving you problems right now this hunting season on live animals and expect not to have any "shooting situation" problems with these broadheads.

Good luck with that.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Oh, BTW the last time I checked a recurve or long bow could not propel a 440 grain arrow at over 290 fps. but a solid and simply designed broadhead will kill a deer just as dead as a complicated one that doesn't assemble properly and do it mith much more reliablilty. Your logic in comparing a broadhead with a compound bow is totally flawed.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Let em get this straight and you stop and think about it for just a minute.

You haven't had any "shooting situation" problems in five years with mechanical braodheads.

Right now you are having problems just getting them to go together and function like they are suppose to.

You want to continue to use these same broadheads that are giving you problems right now this hunting season on live animals and expect not to have any "shooting situation" problems with these broadheads.

Good luck with that.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Oh, BTW the last time I checked a recurve or long bow could not propel a 440 grain arrow at over 290 fps. but a solid and simply designed broadhead will kill a deer just as dead as a complicated one that doesn't assemble properly and do it mith much more reliablilty. Your logic in comparing a broadhead with a compound bow is totally flawed.
Yeah that's exactly what i'm going to do you dumb goon. I'm just gonna say the heck with it and wing a broken broadhead at a deer. Why do you have such a huge problem with the fact that i shoot a mechanical broadhead? Quit wasting your time preaching about such a stupid and worthless subject. Maybe if you put this amount of effort and energy into helping starving children or writing our government to provide free healthcare, you could actually make a difference. This is about as gay as the Mac vs. PC argument.

Last edited by dstubb; 09-23-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

let me say that the rage 2 and 40ke are 2 different heads the rage 40ke has smaller blades get regular rage 2 blades
Old 09-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

I know that they have different sized blades, but they still have the same size body.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah that's exactly what i'm going to do you dumb goon. I'm just gonna say the heck with it and wing a broken broadhead at a deer. Why do you have such a huge problem with the fact that i shoot a mechanical broadhead? Quit wasting your time preaching about such a stupid and worthless subject. Maybe if you put this amount of effort and energy into helping starving children or writing our government to provide free healthcare, you could actually make a difference. This is about as gay as the Mac vs. PC argument.

I know you are kinda blind to what BC and BB and to a slightly lesser extent myself have been saying here... and do note that the first thing I wrote on here was some advice on trying to help... I'll chime in on a debate in the spirit of good form.... but lets not get into name calling and what not.... those two dumb goons have (and this is a conservitive estimate) at least 45 more years archery hunting experience than yourself. They are doing nothing other than going with their judgement here.... and judgement comes from experience... and experience comes from poor judgement.

Of all the hunters I know.... and I know good ones and bad ones... I like to compare common trends among them.... especially the ones that don't know each other (makes it an even playing field).... when you string lots of experiences together among good hunters, you can come away with some dang near rock solid information.... just so long as you keep an open mind about it. Of the older... experienced and flat out good bow hunters I know.. almost all of them shoot fixed blade heads.... and ALL of them that shoot fixed have messed with expandables at some point. I may not be 'old'.... I'm on season 12 of archer hunting.... and I'm sure not 'good' compared to lots of those I know.... but I am good at tech because thats what I do full time for a living.... and over the course of 80 deer and hogs with a bow in those 11 previous years.... I've come to understand why those guys shoot what they do. These guys embrace technology and spend a small fortune every year on equipment... they are the first to try something new. One of them actually shot a doe two weeks ago with the new f-15 expandable and had really good results with it... mostly he was curious... and he is back to shooting wasps again... no complaints... curiosity satisfied I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.