Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt peep

Old 09-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Spike

Default Hoyt peep

On my hoyt i got the g5 meta peep on it. when i first installed it it was not completey straight to the eye when i draw. its slanted alittle. i heard that twisting the bow string will do the job. is this correct? i want to try to get this fixed without changing anything or doing anythng big to my bow. anyone familar with this issue? and if i twisting the line will do the job, where do i start on twisting the line. i have my own bow press. just dont know how to remove line or with way or how many twist to make it correcct.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Spike

Just look at the string and you can tell which way the twist is. Press the bow and start with just a half twist adjustment depending on which way you need to turn the peep.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Fork Horn

I found if the peep is only a little out of line you can adjust it by sliding the servings below and above the peep, up or down untill it lines up. Then a drop of glue on the serving will stop it moving.