Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rezzen proublem

Old 09-07-2009, 06:23 AM
V2K
Spike

Default Rezzen proublem

I just bought a new Rezzen about a week back,when I shoot it the string blows rite by the top string stop. I added a aftermarket center stop and that stopped it but why would I have to put a 65.00 stop on a 800.00 bow to make it right? Also the string is wearing the paint off the face of the brackets that hold the rubber string stops. Has anybody had the same thing happen and what is really going on hear,should I take the bow back? [200 mile trip one way]
Thanks Rich
Old 09-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the quick and dirty way to fix this.

There are two allen screws that hold the string suppressor arm to the limb.... loosen both screws and put some pressure on that arm in the direction of the string and tighten those screws back up. Fixes the problem 99% of the time outright. Every so often you'll get one that isn't quite right from the factory..... and occasionally shooter bow torque will add to this problem. If that doesn't fix it you might have a warped limb and that will be covered under warranty no problem... but it will require you to make the drive.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is common if the Idler wheel is not set correctly.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Spike

I have found both issues stated above on other Mathews models.

Try what Swamp said. I have done that with success if it isn't what Jeff B said.

If that doesn't fix it, then I'd say you gonna burn some gas. Would it be cheaper to ship it? Try USPostal Service. They are quite reasonable (compared to UPS) and the packages get there in better shape!

Hard to believe there isn't a Mathews dealer closer than that.
Man, we got guys fighting over territories down here.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mathews is aware of the problem and has redesigned some new string suppressors for the reezens although they have not made this public knowledge.

Have your dealer call Mathews and order you some new suppressors. Or since have to drive 200 miles call Mathews yourself and tell them that you are in need of the new string supressors.

I am sure that they would be willing to mail you some considering you are 200 miles away from a dealer.

Last edited by bigbulls; 09-07-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:28 AM
V2K
Spike

I do have a dealer about 30 miles away and I won't slam them on this forum. But I bought my bow down state because I would not let them touch my bow it's a big box type store hear in N.Mich.The guy that ran the local pro shop passed away may god rest his soul.
Thanks for all the help I am going to contact Matthews myself.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

200 miles, man that sucks. Ain't right ship it back to Mathews. I thought these bows were setup before you bought them.

Knight Rifles is a quality company. You have a problem the only thing you have to do is box it, they send someone to were ever you tell them to pick it up. It comes back the exact way it's supposed to be, everything is checked out, everything. Never dealt with a better company.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nodog

Knight Rifles is a quality company. You have a problem the only thing you have to do is box it, they send someone to were ever you tell them to pick it up. It comes back the exact way it's supposed to be, everything is checked out, everything. Never dealt with a better company.

Not any more.....

BTW What big box store carries Mathews?

Big bulls... I looked at some replacement string suppressors today (had to install them on two separate bows).... danged if they weren't totally redesigned.... apparently this is the third time they have done this... I guess they learn as they go.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:01 AM
V2K
Spike

It's not a big box store like Wally world but is a big out door sporting goods store, They only have two outlets but for this area I would call it a bis box store not at all like a local archery shop that is run by somebody trying to help his customer rather than trying to just get them in and out.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:08 AM
V2K
Spike

Update I called the pro shop I bought the bow and they said that some of the new suppressors would be sent out to me the same day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.