Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
arrows kicking and peep not lined up? >

arrows kicking and peep not lined up?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrows kicking and peep not lined up?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Spike

Default arrows kicking and peep not lined up?

I just outfitted my new bow with a Trophy Taker rest and a string loop.and a G5 peep.But I am going to take it back to the pro shop because the peep will not stay inline with my eye;it is not the same after each shot;it is twisted to one side and it looks like my arrows are kicking. I know it is a new bow and I have to get use to how it shoots.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pay close attention to how you nock your arrows.

9 times out of 10 (assuming you have a semi-decent string and your pro served the peep in with the twists and not againest them), peep rotation is caused by nocking the arrow to the side of square with the rest and then rotating the arrow over to the rest. Whisker Biscuit users are the most common offenders, but dang near everyone does it... and just doesn't think about it.

Of course, as you said, it is a new bow... so your string is going to stretch and settle a bit. I'd shoot it a few times at the pro shop until it stops moving. Even if it is crooked, at least it is repeatable. Then have him adjust it accordingly. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Spike

Now what about the arrows looking like they are kicking.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Well there could be a couple things that could cause your arrows to kick out.

1. Clearance issues- centershot is lined up right and the fletchings are catching the cables or the riser.

2. Your arrows are severly underspined.

3. The timing is off (if its a two cam bow) but considering its new i highly doubt it.

My guess would be your arrows are underspined or your centershot isnt right causing clearence issues.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Spike

Shoot it through paper and see if they are kicking. Then we'll talk.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by crenshaw
Well there could be a couple things that could cause your arrows to kick out.

1. Clearance issues- centershot is lined up right and the fletchings are catching the cables or the riser.

2. Your arrows are severly underspined.

3. The timing is off (if its a two cam bow) but considering its new i highly doubt it.

My guess would be your arrows are underspined or your centershot isnt right causing clearence issues.
1. The pro shop says the center shot is good.

2. The arrow I am shooting right now is a 6075 carbon express 4" vanes. I am shooting 60 pounds. My new arrows will be 4560 blazer vanes.

3. It is a Browning Vapor single cam.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

Well your arrows seem to be the right arrows for your bow, but your centershot still could be off. I had a pro shop set up my bow a few months ago and they messed everything up, not all pro shops are created equally. Sometimes nock point could be off too. Its hard to tell with out seeing the bow. I would try to make my centershot around 13/16 or 7/8 and see what happens, also put a level on the arrow and see if you nock point is correct. Modern bows are so temperemental even the smallest error can spell disaster. Also, you said your using a trophy taker, if your shooting broadheads make sure the broadheads arent catching on the shaft rest that comes with the rest that you glue on the riser shelf. I had a trophy taker rest and my broadheads hung up on that thing a few times.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:05 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by dryridge2
Shoot it through paper and see if they are kicking. Then we'll talk.
That has to be a joke.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bigcountry
That has to be a joke.
That was funny.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Spike

I shot through paper yesterday. I tried at different ranges and the only tear I got was at 10 feet from the paper. I could really see the arrows kicking the farther I was from the paper but they all straightened before hitting the paper except for the close shot at 10 ft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.