Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Does anybody know how to adjust the draw length on a Golden Eagle "Iron Eagle"? >

Does anybody know how to adjust the draw length on a Golden Eagle "Iron Eagle"?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Does anybody know how to adjust the draw length on a Golden Eagle "Iron Eagle"?

Old 06-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Does anybody know how to adjust the draw length on a Golden Eagle "Iron Eagle"?

I got one earlier this year for what I thought was a great deal. The draw length has been too long for me and after losing some arrows and bruising my arm for a couple of days trying to compensate, I put it back in its case and it's stayed there for 3 months now. I've read they're adjustable and I just want to give it another shot before I give up on it.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does anybody know how to adjust the draw length on a Golden Eagle "Iron Eagle"?

Golden Eagle "Iron Eagle" it doesn't show all the way up on the post.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Spike

Default RE: Does anybody know how to adjust the draw length on a Golden Eagle "Iron Eagle"?

I am not sure about your Iron Eagle but my Golden Eagle Evolution has replaceable modules on the cams that change the draw length. You don't need a bow press to do it either. If you have modules you should be able to get them from a bow shop.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

If memory serves me, that was a really fast bow that used draw length specific cams, meaning you would have to swap out the cams to change draw length. Is there any way you could post up pics of the cam and we could tell you for sure if it has modules to change or not.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Typical Buck

here's the only pic of an iron eagle i could find. not a very good pic of the cams though. Cant really tell if they have modules or not.......... i'm leaning toward have to swap cams.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Spike

I am not sure about this one specifically. I used to sell Golden Eagles, back in the day, and they all had modules back then. However, this one doesn't appear to have them.

As I see it you have 3 options.

1. Take it to a local bowshop and have the proprietor look it over and he/she can tell you how it adjusts. They can then see if they can get modules/cam to do it with.

2. OR they or you, if you have the know how and access to a bow press, can cheat by lowering the poundage by cranking out the limb bolts and twisting the cable(s)/string up to shorten all of them. This is tricky as you must also get the cams "in time". This (getting the cams timed by twisting the buss cable) should be done anyway.

3. If you got such a sweet deal then maybe you can get your money back or make a few $$$ and chalk it up to a painful learning experience about how you should never buy a bow that does not fit you, and is no longer made. They are never a good deal, unless someone else thinks so and are willing to pay you more than you paid for it.

Option #2 isn't that hard for someone that knows what they are doing, I could do it in short order, but I am in central WV. Option #3 is most likely your best bet if you don't have a proshop close by.

I would suggest that you go to the bowshop and get your draw length measured.
Not all of us can afford $1200 set-ups, me included, in this economy. But if you are not familiar with a particular bow and can't shoot it before buying, or at least draw it, stay away from it. Also remember that a bit too short can be easily compensated by a string loop and adjustable release. Somewhere between Free and (insert cost of new release here) and you are good to go, up to an inch or so. However, too long by an inch may as well be a mile.

I know this is way more than you asked for. But I am just assuming you didn't know this going into the deal and I am sorry you to see you are now in a pickle. I sure wish I could reach through this box and fix it for you!

Good Luck.

Dryridge

Last edited by dryridge2; 07-19-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: left out a few words
Old 07-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Typical Buck

WOW!! What dryridge said! See all us hillbillies aint dumb afterall!

welcome to huntingnet! You given more info in the two responses of yours than i have given in all couple hundred of mine!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Kevin Strother was the designer of that cam. You can post the question on archerytalk.com under the general archery section. He is over there quite frequently lately.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Spike

Thanks Cartman. I have actually been in and out of here for a few years. I have a bad back and can't sit too long. I am a moderator on WVSportsmen.net and that takes up what seat time I can stand. I used to shoot for a large bow company and had my own shop. And your right, us hillbillies ain't dumb, we gotta know how to do stuff cauz it's 80miles to anywhere.....LOL!

500fps....How is archertalk these days. It got kinda cutthroat over there a year or so ago and I haven't been back. Is Kevin working for anyone now that you know of?
Old 07-21-2009, 03:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dryridge2
Thanks Cartman. I have actually been in and out of here for a few years. I have a bad back and can't sit too long. I am a moderator on WVSportsmen.net and that takes up what seat time I can stand. I used to shoot for a large bow company and had my own shop. And your right, us hillbillies ain't dumb, we gotta know how to do stuff cauz it's 80miles to anywhere.....LOL!

500fps....How is archertalk these days. It got kinda cutthroat over there a year or so ago and I haven't been back. Is Kevin working for anyone now that you know of?

hey I'm on WVsportsmen..........well i was at one time...... same username. i'll have to drop back in there and holler at ya!

as far as archerytalk........... i spend ALOT of time there. Cutthroat doesn't even BEGIN to explain it. You cant say anything without gettin flamed.......... gets annoying but there alot of really good guys there.

take care

Quick Reply: Does anybody know how to adjust the draw length on a Golden Eagle "Iron Eagle"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.