Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow >

Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow

Old 06-30-2009, 01:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow

does seem strange. where are the limbs cracking at? I'm assuming down the middle where the cutout for the cam is.

Did they put a new string and cable set on? Don't know that a worn set of cables could crack limbs.

Do the cables attach to the ends of the axles? Maybe the installer had on side twisted more than the other makeing the limb twist and crack. That's just a guess and would have to be VERY sever to crack a limb i'd think.

Id sender back the HCA to see what they can do fer ya. If they have a lifetime warrenty, maybe they'll send you a new bow! Kinda doubt it though

Keep us informed!

ps I'm a bowtech fandboy. They make awesome stuff! At least I'll admit it!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

Yes the limbs are cracking down the middle where the cut out for the cams is. I didn't have a new string and cams put on, because my pro shop guy said the string looked good and the cams were fine. I dont know what would cause something like that. Would changing my D-loop cause that to happen?

The bow will be sent out tomorrow morning and hopefully HCA can diagnose the problem or maybe it was a bad set of limbs that they sent. Oh well I am glad this is happening now instead of during the archery season. I would of been really ticked.

I am looking at the Bowtech sniper because I have a 31 and a half inch draw length. One of the only bows out there that will accomadate me.

Thanks cartman308 for helping me out here. Really appreciate it.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

No problem, cant say I was much help though. Hope HCA gets ya all lined out!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Just another quick update. Sent me bow directly to HCA and they said it should be a 24 hour turn around. They received it on July 6th. Yesterday I called and they said that it was 13 or 14th on the list to be repaired. Is that normal for bow companies. Anyways I am going to call next week for another status report. I am furious. I will not be buying a another HCA.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Typical Buck

Wow that sucks dude! I figured HCA would do a better job than that. I hate that customer no-service people cant keep they're stories straight. Gets all kinds of frustrating!

sucks being without a bow. Hopefully they fix it though. If they try to send you a bill........geeez
Old 07-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Rabid! Have you heard anything from HCA?
Old 08-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Typical Buck

Man! I hope HCA didn't put a hit out on ya! Whats the word?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

This has me curious as well. Man, 2 months trying to fix a bow, that is tough. Let us know as soon as you hear something. I am wondering how all of this turns out.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Apparently HCA has filed for Chapter 11 (how many times is this now???). I can see during the restructure and whatnot where things may get delayed/fall through the cracks, etc.

Not an excuse, just saying that I'm sure this has added even more complication upon a company with a well deserved rep for less than stellar customer/dealer service since day one.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

yeow!! Rabid is probably in a straight jacket bout now then

Quick Reply: Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.