Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow >

Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow

Old 06-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone out there can help me out? I have an old High Country Bow from the mid 1990's. I think it is a Z-force, not sure though. I noticed the lower limb was cracked the other day when I was shooting in the backyard and was wondering if anyone knows if I can get a replacement? It is 14 inches solid lower limb with 70 lbs. I have called HCA and thier customer service people are not that good. They said they did not have any in stock, however would have to check the warehouse, that was a few days ago and no call back yet. I would like to try and repair it because I like the bow and don't feel like splurging for a new bow at this time. (Plus, I have a 31. 5 inch draw length and its hard to find them). If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Also if they dont have a replacement, are there any other solutions other than retiring the bow.

Thanks for listening, boy do I love this forum.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow

Your gonna have a tough time finding a factory replacement set of limbs. Probabaly have to go aftermarket, but fear not. Give Barnsdale Archery a call. They make, arguably the best limbs in the industry. Elite uses them exclusively. A set won't be cheap but will be cheaper than a top shelf new bow, and you'll have and old friend to carry in the woods.

http://www.barnsdalearchery.com/ click on custom work for limb price list.

good luck
Old 06-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Spike

That's odd. About 12-15 years ago I noticed the armor covering on one of my split limbs had cracked (falling out of a tree and hitting my climbing sticks didn't help) and they said to send in all 4 limbs and they would replace them which they did. That was on an Ultra Force but again it was quite awhile ago and they probably had them in stock back then.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Spike

Here's a link I found on HCA bows - your seems to have 14" and the string and harness are specified as well. You might try to track down which of the 14" limbs are compatible with yours and track down a used bow if you could. My Ultra Force has 16" limbs so I'm no help. Good luck.

http://www.highcountryarchery.net-images-hcastringchart.pdf

Old 06-08-2009, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Z force/Force Supreme (prolly changed due to pressure from PSE and their G-Force) was the last HCA bow I really loved- and was the last bow I got from them when i was on their shooting staff. It was just a machined supreme with the 14" limbs instead of the 16" limbs- The "Split Force" was the the same bow with the 14" split limbs. I had two- a Zforce and the quickly renamed Force Supreme- both were very fast (about 10 FPS faster than my excaliburs), very quiet and recoil free (for the time)and despite the 6" brace shot them better than any of my Excaliburs- probably due to the less reflexed riser. IMO that was HCA's last really good bow. The Split limb models IMO were the beginning of the end of HCA's reign.

But I digress...

I would not bother paying big $ for a set of barnsdales- I'm sure you could find a used bow for around $100 if you really wanted to get the bow back in working order although HCA limbs are not noted for thier durability, especially over time- alos make sure you replace BOTH limbs, not just one. Check E-bay and Archery Talk. One guy was selling a brand new left hand 1995 Machined Supreme on their last night for $125 or so (those are the 16" limbs, just saying the bows are still around if you look).

Old 06-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, I have had some contact with HCA customer service and hopefully I can get some new limbs for it. I think it is actually a Force bow although not sure on the difference between Z force and force. It only says Force with a lighting bolt on the limbs. Hopefully HCA can send me some replacement limbs. Will a local archery pro shop put these on for me or will I have to send in the bow to HCA. They said something about a return authorization., Anyone know what this is? They said the limbs would be only 75 dollars which would be the money I would have to spend to buy a new bow.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

Return authorization is a number the manufacturer will give you to put on the outside of the box so that they kno you called to schedule service. Keeps people from just sending in stuff before they contact the company. good luck on your quest!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Just a quick update. High Country sent me a pair of replacement limbs for 75 dollars. I received them late last week and the bow with the replacement limbs are at my local archery pro shop. Hopefully they go on smooth and my bow is back in business. Thanks to all who responded.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:43 AM
Typical Buck

glad you got things worked out!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Well had my replacement limbs put on by my local proshop, everything seemed fine and then when I was shooting this weekend, the new limbs started to crack. I am pissed now. I called High Country Archery and told them. They said to send it in free of charge and that it could be a freak thing. Not too happy about it. They seemed hestitant to give me a refund. They will have their technicians look at it and put new ones on. Does anyone know if something else would be causing the limbs to crack? Well I am going to send it in to HCA. What would you all do in this situation. I still think I might buck up and buy a new Bowtech before the fall.

Quick Reply: Replacement Limb for a 1990's High Country Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.