Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Goldtip?

Old 05-15-2009, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Goldtip?

Out of my last dozen I only had 2 Pro's that I could not get to spin properly. I've used XT's in the past and have had half of them wobble badly. It's a question of comfort level and how well your bow is tuned. The faster the bow the more everything has to work properly.

As far as accuracy and tuning goes though even as a hunter wouldn't you want to be the best shot you can be?A lot of people seem to be treating the kill zone of a deer as a pie plate when it should be treated as the X on a target. The only way you are going to become a better than average shooter is to make sure your equipment is tuned properly and straighter arrows are a good place to start.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Since I changed to carbon tech, never had this problem again. ACC's are excellent too.
How is the durability of Carbon Tech shafts under normal use.....not abnormal abuse, but under normal shooting of targets and pulling of arrows?
Old 05-18-2009, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Gold Tips. I've never had any issues with them. I originally shot the XT's for years but this year decided to get a dozen Pro's. I cut all of my shafts myself and also use a G5 squaring tool on both ends before assembling the arrows.If you take the time to properly prep your arrows, you shouldn't see any noticable difference in straightness.

Like many here have said though, buy the best you can afford. Knowing your arrows are as straight and well put together as you can possibly do it helps confidence a lot.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

I guess I've never been able to shot good enought to really tell a difference between medium and high quality arrows...