Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Need help adjusting draw length >

Need help adjusting draw length

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need help adjusting draw length

Old 04-17-2009, 07:55 AM
skk

Default Need help adjusting draw length

I've been shooting now for 3 years and always took my Bear to local dealer for adjustments. I've gotten a new Diamond Iceman and have been trying to make all of my own fine tuning adjustments. I figure it is better for me to learn how to do it.

The Iceman is set at 29" draw length and it feels a bit to long to me. I was wanting to move it down to 28". Currently the rotating module system is set at "2" of 10 which is reference as the lowest number is the longest draw. The draw stop post is set at "8" which is consistent with the diamond 2009 module chart online.

My question is if I change the draw length to 28 I would set the module at "3" and then I need to make the draw stop post adjustment to "6.4"? Is this correct?

Here is the post setting document I am referencing...
http://www.diamondarchery.com/downlo...dPostChart.pdf

Also would this take my peep out of alignment?

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need help adjusting draw length

yes you are correct # 3 mod setting= 6.4 on the draw stop.

shortening the draw length may very well affect where your peep needs to be. Its very important to get your draw length and form right, and then move the peep to your eye- don;t force yourself into a peep because you don't want to/are afraid to move it.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:19 AM
Spike

Default Adjustments

You should be able to do it yourself; it will just take a little longer. Its a good skill to have as you never know when you might need to make an adjustment in the bush.