Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Guys- Please School me >

Bowtech Guys- Please School me

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Guys- Please School me

Old 03-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech Guys- Please School me

On the 2007 Guardian with grey cams-I had never encountered one until tonite- and I've recently had sev people (whose opinions I respect) tell me they were great bows- especially the 2007/grey cams.

I found a brand new one-in Fuggly Oak Obsession- leftover obviously, for a very good price.

I shot it, albeit with 30" mods, and its completely dead in the hand like the Admiral, and super quiet, but the thing I loved was even at 30" the draw is MUCH smoother-no bumps and a little less torquey. Seemed very fast (obviously at 30") I was really impressed..it was def a "wow" bow for me. If it felt that good nearly 2"" too long...well.....

So here's my questions-

1) what were the advertised specs- brace, A2A, IBO speeds, mass weight,etc

2) are 1/2" modules available? Are there smooth mods & speed mods? are there different mods for different letoff? How does it work with those cams

3) Any known issues? major cam lean problems? The bow has a brand new set of limbs on it that were just put on tonite (original 50 pounders swapped out for new 70 pounders).

Thanks in advance- I expect some answers from Pat, Matt, Phil, etc- I know Dan, Vic, Greg, Rob & Russ will give me the time of the day but you other guys gotta step it up too, K? [:@]

Old 03-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Guys- Please School me

ORIGINAL: JeffB

On the 2007 Guardian with grey cams-I had never encountered one until tonite- and I've recently had sev people (whose opinions I respect) tell me they were great bows- especially the 2007/grey cams.

I found a brand new one-in Fuggly Oak Obsession- leftover obviously, for a very good price.

I shot it, albeit with 30" mods, and its completely dead in the hand like the Admiral, and super quiet, but the thing I loved was even at 30" the draw is MUCH smoother-no bumps and a little less torquey. Seemed very fast (obviously at 30") I was really impressed..it was def a "wow" bow for me. If it felt that good nearly 2"" too long...well.....

So here's my questions-

1) what were the advertised specs- brace, A2A, IBO speeds, mass weight,etc

2) are 1/2" modules available? Are there smooth mods & speed mods? are there different mods for different letoff? How does it work with those cams

3) Any known issues? major cam lean problems? The bow has a brand new set of limbs on it that were just put on tonite (original 50 pounders swapped out for new 70 pounders).

Thanks in advance- I expect some answers from Pat, Matt, Phil, etc- I know Dan, Vic, Greg, Rob & Russ will give me the time of the day but you other guys gotta step it up too, K? [:@]
A to A 33 3/4", IBO 317fps-325fps, weight?? guessing 4 1/2#

1/2" mods are available, just the one CPmod no smooth and speed mods, on letoff 65% is obtained by a different draw stop not sure. I shot mine at 80%.

The issues were few and far between in my experience. It was a Great bow, but the Captain which replaced it is definitely a step up. If you are getting a great deal on it, I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

Dan
Old 03-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not a Bowtech guy so no schooling from me, but, I do have some of the info you are looking for:

Brace - 7.13 ; ATA - 33.75; IBO - 329; weight - 4.2

1/2 modules, DL 25-30, no smooth/speed mods (the mods are CP prefix), there is a little black bushing that you put on the top mod to get 65% letoff (remove for 80%)

I have Commanders and I love them.

Edit: fix an error
Old 03-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Dan-

This did not have a draw stop like the new bows or a 82nd limb stop- just looked to be a flat area at the end of the module? IDK for sure, I didn't examine it all that closely just shot it when the tech got it put back together after putting the new limbs on. It felt like less than 80% letoff- but then again I was overdrawn nearly 2"..

I've shot the Captain alot, and it def looks cooler and is lighter, but the Guardian draws much smoother/more evenly through the entire draw and doesn't have the wierd sight window cut-(which is an issue for me on the Captain).

anyone else? I'm all ears
Old 03-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I am not a Bowtech guy so no schooling from me, but, I do have some of the info you are looking for:

Brace - 7.13 ; ATA - 33.75; IBO - 329; weight - 4.2

No 1/2 modules, DL 25-30, no smooth/speed mods (the mods are CP prefix), there is a little black bushing that you put on the top mod to get 65% letoff (remove for 80%)

I have Commanders and I love them.
Ugggg..no 1/2" mods? [:@][:'(]

wait a minute...Dan says Yes? EDIT- see you corrected yourself- whew

Anyone know what mods I would need for a 28.5 draw? Shop says they have mods, but I don't know exactly which ones-

Thanx for the info Bruce- they sold the last Commander the othe rnight- it was an 08 with the black cam and it also was very smooth.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB
Anyone know what mods I would need for a 28.5 draw? Shop says they have mods, but I don't know exactly which ones-

You need the CP2.5's for a 28.5" draw
Old 03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

28.5" is a CP 2.5

Dan
Old 03-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks both!

Old 03-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would jump all over the guardian if you like it. I know people who still shoot them for 3d. I wish i would have gotten on instead of getting a general when i did It was great, but too short.

Derek
Old 03-24-2009, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna think about it for a few days- plus I need to wait for some $ to come in from my alphamax (we just didn't get along consistently-no contest compared to the Admiral which I can pick up and shoot no problem at any time-which I proved to myself again last night)

After looking into it, The Guardian seems very similar spec-wise to my Admiral- speeds would be similar, Admiral has a bit more brace. But boy that guardian sure does draw smooth.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Guys- Please School me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.