HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Bowtech Guys- Please School me (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/289995-bowtech-guys-please-school-me.html)

JeffB 03-23-2009 04:50 PM

Bowtech Guys- Please School me

On the 2007 Guardian with grey cams-I had never encountered one until tonite- and I've recently had sev people (whose opinions I respect) tell me they were great bows- especially the 2007/grey cams.

I found a brand new one-in Fuggly Oak Obsession- leftover obviously, for a very good price.

I shot it, albeit with 30" mods, and its completely dead in the hand like the Admiral, and super quiet, but the thing I loved was even at 30" the draw is MUCH smoother-no bumps and a little less torquey. Seemed very fast (obviously at 30") I was really impressed..it was def a "wow" bow for me. If it felt that good nearly 2"" too long...well.....

So here's my questions-

1) what were the advertised specs- brace, A2A, IBO speeds, mass weight,etc

2) are 1/2" modules available? Are there smooth mods & speed mods? are there different mods for different letoff? How does it work with those cams

3) Any known issues? major cam lean problems? The bow has a brand new set of limbs on it that were just put on tonite (original 50 pounders swapped out for new 70 pounders).

Thanks in advance- I expect some answers from Pat, Matt, Phil, etc- I know Dan, Vic, Greg, Rob & Russ will give me the time of the day but you other guys gotta step it up too, K? [:@]

MeanV2 03-23-2009 05:16 PM

RE: Bowtech Guys- Please School me

ORIGINAL: JeffB

On the 2007 Guardian with grey cams-I had never encountered one until tonite- and I've recently had sev people (whose opinions I respect) tell me they were great bows- especially the 2007/grey cams.

I found a brand new one-in Fuggly Oak Obsession- leftover obviously, for a very good price.

I shot it, albeit with 30" mods, and its completely dead in the hand like the Admiral, and super quiet, but the thing I loved was even at 30" the draw is MUCH smoother-no bumps and a little less torquey. Seemed very fast (obviously at 30") I was really impressed..it was def a "wow" bow for me. If it felt that good nearly 2"" too long...well.....

So here's my questions-

1) what were the advertised specs- brace, A2A, IBO speeds, mass weight,etc

2) are 1/2" modules available? Are there smooth mods & speed mods? are there different mods for different letoff? How does it work with those cams

3) Any known issues? major cam lean problems? The bow has a brand new set of limbs on it that were just put on tonite (original 50 pounders swapped out for new 70 pounders).

Thanks in advance- I expect some answers from Pat, Matt, Phil, etc- I know Dan, Vic, Greg, Rob & Russ will give me the time of the day but you other guys gotta step it up too, K? [:@]
A to A 33 3/4", IBO 317fps-325fps, weight?? guessing 4 1/2#

1/2" mods are available, just the one CPmod no smooth and speed mods, on letoff 65% is obtained by a different draw stop not sure. I shot mine at 80%.

The issues were few and far between in my experience. It was a Great bow, but the Captain which replaced it is definitely a step up. If you are getting a great deal on it, I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

Dan

brucelanthier 03-23-2009 05:19 PM

I am not a Bowtech guy so no schooling from me, but, I do have some of the info you are looking for:

Brace - 7.13 ; ATA - 33.75; IBO - 329; weight - 4.2

1/2 modules, DL 25-30, no smooth/speed mods (the mods are CP prefix), there is a little black bushing that you put on the top mod to get 65% letoff (remove for 80%)

I have Commanders and I love them.

Edit: fix an error

JeffB 03-23-2009 05:24 PM

Thanks Dan-

This did not have a draw stop like the new bows or a 82nd limb stop- just looked to be a flat area at the end of the module? IDK for sure, I didn't examine it all that closely just shot it when the tech got it put back together after putting the new limbs on. It felt like less than 80% letoff- but then again I was overdrawn nearly 2"..

I've shot the Captain alot, and it def looks cooler and is lighter, but the Guardian draws much smoother/more evenly through the entire draw and doesn't have the wierd sight window cut-(which is an issue for me on the Captain).

anyone else? I'm all ears

JeffB 03-23-2009 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I am not a Bowtech guy so no schooling from me, but, I do have some of the info you are looking for:

Brace - 7.13 ; ATA - 33.75; IBO - 329; weight - 4.2

No 1/2 modules, DL 25-30, no smooth/speed mods (the mods are CP prefix), there is a little black bushing that you put on the top mod to get 65% letoff (remove for 80%)

I have Commanders and I love them.
Ugggg..no 1/2" mods? [:@][:'(]:(

wait a minute...Dan says Yes? EDIT- see you corrected yourself- whew

Anyone know what mods I would need for a 28.5 draw? Shop says they have mods, but I don't know exactly which ones-

Thanx for the info Bruce- they sold the last Commander the othe rnight- it was an 08 with the black cam and it also was very smooth.

brucelanthier 03-23-2009 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: JeffB
Anyone know what mods I would need for a 28.5 draw? Shop says they have mods, but I don't know exactly which ones-

You need the CP2.5's for a 28.5" draw

MeanV2 03-23-2009 05:39 PM

28.5" is a CP 2.5

Dan

JeffB 03-23-2009 05:43 PM

Thanks both!

drockw 03-23-2009 06:57 PM

I would jump all over the guardian if you like it. I know people who still shoot them for 3d. I wish i would have gotten on instead of getting a general when i did:eek: It was great, but too short.

Derek

JeffB 03-24-2009 04:17 AM

I'm gonna think about it for a few days- plus I need to wait for some $ to come in from my alphamax (we just didn't get along consistently-no contest compared to the Admiral which I can pick up and shoot no problem at any time-which I proved to myself again last night)

After looking into it, The Guardian seems very similar spec-wise to my Admiral- speeds would be similar, Admiral has a bit more brace. But boy that guardian sure does draw smooth.