Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 arrow straightness >

arrow straightness

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow straightness

Old 03-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: arrow straightness

Cabelas Stalker extremes are the same exact arrow as Beman ICS HUnters (including the old straightness tolerance variance- they are actually more similar to the current ICS bowhunter or Easton powerflight).
Old 03-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Cabelas Stalker extremes are the same exact arrow as Beman ICS HUnters (including the old straightness tolerance variance- they are actually more similar to the current ICS bowhunter or Easton powerflight).
x2

I have been shooting high end arrows for the last 5 years... and haven't robin hooded a single one.

And all for the simple reason that I'm not foolish enough to shoot them at the same spot over and over and over again.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:47 PM
bigcountry

Cabelas Stalker extremes are the same exact arrow as Beman ICS HUnters
As an ex-ICS shooter, I can say without a doubt, they suck the worst of any arrows I have shot when it comes to staightness, and consistent spine. So I moved to Beman Black max, same deal. I am convinced that bemans are gettign to be the worst in the business.

I have fought the urge to move to carbon tech, and made the jump. Best arrows there is out there.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

As an ex-ICS shooter, I can say without a doubt, they suck the worst of any arrows
Big I've been reading your posts for a long time and I know you are opinionated but you usually don't put it in so deadpan flat a way as that. I had to laugh out loud!

Although, to play devil's advocated.... shouldn't it be suck the best? Or maybe just suck the most?

I think I've been living under a rock too.... what exactly is carbon 'tech'.... ?I know carbon express very well.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot the beman ICS back when they first came out,before being bought out.The spine was gone so fast in these arrows that I couldn't even shoot them for a 3-d season.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:33 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

As an ex-ICS shooter, I can say without a doubt, they suck the worst of any arrows
Big I've been reading your posts for a long time and I know you are opinionated but you usually don't put it in so deadpan flat a way as that. I had to laugh out loud!

Although, to play devil's advocated.... shouldn't it be suck the best? Or maybe just suck the most?

I think I've been living under a rock too.... what exactly is carbon 'tech'.... ?I know carbon express very well.
Carbon tech are these freakin arrow shafts you have to morgage your house for. Shafts alone for whitetail's are 130 dollars. But they are dead straight and spine is concentric. I fought the urge to buy them for years now. BruceLanth on here was a big advocate, so is len marsh if I remember. But I finally gave in.

Bad part about them is they don't make a .340" spine in the wieght I like. So you usually have to put a 50gr brass insert in. Or heavier.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Carbon tech are these freakin arrow shafts you have to morgage your house for. Shafts alone for whitetail's are 130 dollars. But they are dead straight and spine is concentric. I fought the urge to buy them for years now. BruceLanth on here was a big advocate, so is len marsh if I remember. But I finally gave in.

Bad part about them is they don't make a .340" spine in the wieght I like. So you usually have to put a 50gr brass insert in. Or heavier.
LOL I knew you would finally break down and get some. Carbon Tech's may be expensive but I have been shooting some, and shooting them a lot,that I havefor two years now and the spine is still very good on them. I am sure I'll be using them again this fall after shooting them all summer .

Lancaster Archery seems to have the best prices you are going to find out there.

http://www.carbontecharrows.com/
Old 03-22-2009, 07:23 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

LOL I knew you would finally break down and get some. Carbon Tech's may be expensive but I have been shooting some, and shooting them a lot,that I havefor two years now and the spine is still very good on them. I am sure I'll be using them again this fall after shooting them all summer .

Lancaster Archery seems to have the best prices you are going to find out there.

http://www.carbontecharrows.com/
What can I say, I am cheap. And rarely do you find good and cheap. You was right, and I was wrong.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, though I know where they come from, shaft to shaft, the Cabela's are better than the couple different half dozen Beman's I have that are made at the same spec's. You guys can say what you want bad about them, but they're more consistent than anything else I've shot, and have done a pretty good job for me. I'll never be a GREAT archer, as I just don't have overly good sight anymore, but I put the arrows relatively close enough for what I need.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I perosnally wasn't saying they were bad at all- just saying they are ICSH- which I've shot tons of over the years and which are generally a very good value (though it seems they may have or are slipping). I've had much better luck with ICSH than Goldtip XTs for example.

BUt the Cabelas arrows don't get any special treatment rolling off the production line- just a different label. Just like the orignal stalkers were CAE pultrudeds with a different label.

Quick Reply: arrow straightness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.