Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Stinger Problem Developed >

Stinger Problem Developed

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stinger Problem Developed

Old 03-16-2009, 03:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Stinger Problem Developed

I have a 2009 PSE Stinger and have been shooting it off and on for about 2 weeks. This bow is very quiet and fast, up untill yesterday. I noticed now I developed a single click noise from the bottom cam and whenI shoot theres a rattle. Not sure where the rattle is coming as everything on my bow is tight and secure. It never made either of these noises when I started shooting it. I think I have maybe 40-50 shots out of it. Any suggestions or should I take it to the dealer and see if they can pin point it? The bow is only about a month old.
I did check to make sure my tips on my arrows were tight as that is the sound that its making.
Could my arrow be vibrating against the WB on release?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stinger Problem Developed

Something came loose. Try plucking the string and listening at different places. Also, you could remove some accessories to see if it goes away. You may want to use the loc-tite formula that allows screws to be removed, once you find the culprit.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stinger Problem Developed

Found the problem lastnight. Was out shooting where i could hear a little better and it sounded like metal on metal, so I shook the bow and heard it a little bit. Looked at my cam and noticed the screws on my draw length module were lose. tightend them up and the noise is gone!

ORIGINAL: UncleNorby

Something came loose. Try plucking the string and listening at different places. Also, you could remove some accessories to see if it goes away. You may want to use the loc-tite formula that allows screws to be removed, once you find the culprit.