Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got my game camera film developed >

Got my game camera film developed

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got my game camera film developed

Old 08-29-2004, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got my game camera film developed

I went to the woods yesterday and got my camera. When I got to the tree, the camera wasn't on it! It was laying on the ground, face up. I picked it up and of course got a pic of myself. Upon inspecting it, there were scratches on the top of it, buy otherwise in good shape. Took the film to Wal-mart and had them develop it. Well, I got on pic of a few deer, then the next pic was not pointing in the same direction I had it set for and the next pic was it laying face up on the ground with what appears to be a bears head. When the flash went off, it must have scared him off and he didn't bother it.

I just got done telling my dad that wouldn't surprise me if a bear wouldn't get my camera while it was up there, and sure enough he did. We have a lot of bears on our property and I wasn't too surprised.

But... the camera seems to work! It took a bunch of lovely pics of the treetops swaying in the breeze. I'll post the pics when I get time.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got my game camera film developed

lol we should get together for bear season and take a few out then!
Old 08-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bears love cameras ,remember YOGI ????
Old 08-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

cardeer, I'm tellin ya right now....Yogi and I are gonna have problems if he doesn't leave my damn camera alone.

We need to take some of the bears up here. Problem is, my uncle thinks its cute. He has them coming into feeders out behind his house all summer. Freaks my aunt out all the time when she leaves for work and there's a 400lb bear sittin driveway.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

You never know whats going to happen with these game cams. I've finally figured out a problem I've been having. Some of my pics on part of a roll of film get blurry in some areas. Its usually when I have the cam on a new/freshened mineral lick. What happening is the deer's moist nose touches the minerals on the ground adn the camera flashes. The deer investigate and nose the cam! At least 4 times this year I've had nose prints on my cam cover! Yeah and its usually slightly moved also.

Good Luck!
Old 08-30-2004, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

My problem is raccoons. My camera has survived 2 raccoon attacks. The second one he actually tore the cover off and ripped the camera out. Parts were strewn about everywhere. I would have thought the attacker was human had I not seen the claw marks everywhere (plus the last picture was a closeup of a coon). I had to replace the camera for $40, but otherwise it's fine. Damn coons!