Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Thread on AT ( One bow to do it all) >

Thread on AT ( One bow to do it all)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Thread on AT ( One bow to do it all)

Old 03-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thread on AT ( One bow to do it all)

Cast another vote for the 101. I love mine. JeffB, you are a spec guy right? I have in at a 30 inch draw 63 lbs.
3D setup 331 grain arrow at 329 fps.
Hunting setup 447 grain arrow at 295 fps.

Prob. the most overlooked bow in the 2008 lineup. It's been my do it all bow. I do have an Air Raid on order and then the 101 will likely become more 3Dish, but I still see it in the deer woods next season.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ehh..you long draw guys piss me off[:@]

Great performance. Yeesh. I'd be slinging some CT Rhinos with that thing
Old 03-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd probably chose my 2003 Protec xt2000 with spirals, set at a conservative 55 lbs. properly stabilized, I could hit dang near anything I aimed at at a reasonable distance.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

I would take my 737 right now for triple duty. The next two would be either the Alphamax 35 or the Drenalin LD.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

The 101 for a do it all Bow??

I'd take the Sentinel anyday. Nice speed,adequately smoothdraw, super forgiving, unbelieveably shock free and quiet. Truth is, on spots speed means nothing, and the Sentinel has way more than enough speed for hunting and 3D.

Dan
Old 03-03-2009, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The 101 for a do it all Bow??

Absolutely. It does just fine with spots. This is the first bow I've shot Vegas face with, and I'm not doing to badly. The joys of these bows is that you can back them off, shoot more conservatively for spots or hunting, or crank them up a bit for a 3D course, but of course you already know that[8D]

I shoot 58# for spots and hunting. 61# for 3D. The draw cycle is perfectly smooth for all applications, and it has the ATA and BH that's in that "do-all" range. All personal preference of course.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

So the 101 has the same cams as the 82nd?

Are there smooth and speed modules? cos the last few inches on the 2009 82nd I messed with is a complete beast-makes the center-trak cam/cp riser bows feel like Martin Sonic wheel
Old 03-03-2009, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Are there smooth and speed modules? cos the last few inches on the 2009 82nd I messed with is a complete beast-makes the center-trak cam/cp riser bows feel like Martin Sonic wheel
I'm not sure if they're the same cams, but I THINK so. I think the limbs are a bit shorter on the 82nd as well (would have to be since the riser geometry is the same as the 101st, but has a lower BH).

There are no smooth/speed mods available to my knowledge.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Jeff, they are the same cams. I owned a 101st and an 82nd. I shot them side by side for about 6 weeks.

IMHO the 82nd was quieter, every bit as shootable, & faster to boot.

I tore down my 101st after 6 weeks and built an 82nd. I'd say I was hardly the only one to notice these traits and I'm sure that was the Big reason the 101st was dropped this year.

I am No competetion shooter by any stretch, but the 82nd was a tack driver for me in 90 degree heat and at 20 degrees below zero when I killed my 4X4 Mulie.

As much as I loved the 82nd I still wouldn't pick it as an all around bow.

Well I might since all I do anymore is Hunt

Dan
Old 03-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, curious. Is all that is needed for the switch new limbs, cables and strings, then? I was considering doing this since I heard this from you a while back, and I'm a bit shorter draw, and wouldn't mind the little extra speed.

Quick Reply: Thread on AT ( One bow to do it all)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.