It's going to be weird just having this one bow, but I made the right choice in the end- took me a couple bows and alot of shooting with others to figure out exactly what was working for me and what..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Here it is- That One Bow (tm) >

Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

Old 03-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

Thanx Guys- we'll see what happens.

My dealers must LOVE me being back in the fold

Old 03-04-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grips are a huge thing for consistency. State of mind is even bigger. Hang in there.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanx Jeff!

That grip doesn't look to be that bad or feel all that bad, but yeesh. I thought the Bowtech grip was a little too rounded and "non descript"- it's not nearly as sensitive as the AM35. With the grips off the AM35 is a totally different animal.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Worst thing is, I think its VERY comfortable grip. I just cant shoot worth a crap with it! I'm debating between the sideplates, or just leaving it bare riser.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

Worst thing is, I think its VERY comfortable grip. I just cant shoot worth a crap with it! I'm debating between the sideplates, or just leaving it bare riser.
Agreed- it *IS* very comfy. feels fine- I can't shoot it either though. It's like the "stealth torque" grip- you have no clue torque is there!

I told my dealer I'm gona sell it and buy a PSE Deer Hunter package and be done with it
Old 03-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

JeffI feel your pain!!! Laying off is easier said than done, 'cause in my mind it will be haunting me every minute, thinking to myself what am I or the bow doing wrong and most times I'mnot able to say away from picking up the darn bow.

What you should take a good look at is your ancor. Close those eyes, draw the bow back, relax, ancor as you normally would..."then" open your eyes. Make 110% CERTAIN the peep lines up directly 'straight' with your eye and beaming straight to the pins (perfectly vertical), while alinging your peep within the circle of the sight ring.

Do NOT try to align your ancor or the peep or the pins with your eyes open...if you have tuned these areas properly, once you open your eyes after you've drawn the bow back all of these 'must' fall into place.
Also make absolutely certain your release hand when the bow is at full draw runs straight 'inline' with your arrow. Your elbow should not be left or right of the shaft.
It would even help a whole lot, if you can get to a Hooter Shooter to elimate problems with the bow. Once this is verified then there's only one other place to look for the problem.
Some bows can be a PIDA to tune, sometime the combination of bow and shooter will not work...I honestly for you sake hope this is the problem.
Wish ya luck bud!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bare riser is what works best for me. I liked teh feel of the grip like you, but couldnt shoot it as well as i could the bare riser. Im sure someone will snatch it up quickly from ya

Derek
Old 03-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought the Bowtech grip was a little too rounded and "non descript"...
But now you know why... [8D]

it's not nearly as sensitive as the AM35
Old 03-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah..kick me when I'm down![:@]

you know I'm kidding!

In actuality a very weird series of events relating to the sale of my Admiral are currently in the works and it looks like I'll be keeping it.

Which ultimately means my problem is solved.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good to hear, Jeff. I'm having a quandry of sorts with my Admiral as well.

According to all the so-called "experts", my Captain should be a better shooter than the Admiral... problem is, the Admiral just doesn't seem to want to agree.

Seriously, I've never shot a short bow this well. I didn't even order in The General last year, and I think it was the only one I didn't get. Just didn't like it from Day One... but this Admiral is a whole different story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.