HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Here it is- That One Bow (tm)
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 08:42 AM
ampahunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here it is- That One Bow (tm)

JeffI feel your pain!!! Laying off is easier said than done, 'cause in my mind it will be haunting me every minute, thinking to myself what am I or the bow doing wrong and most times I'mnot able to say away from picking up the darn bow.

What you should take a good look at is your ancor. Close those eyes, draw the bow back, relax, ancor as you normally would..."then" open your eyes. Make 110% CERTAIN the peep lines up directly 'straight' with your eye and beaming straight to the pins (perfectly vertical), while alinging your peep within the circle of the sight ring.

Do NOT try to align your ancor or the peep or the pins with your eyes open...if you have tuned these areas properly, once you open your eyes after you've drawn the bow back all of these 'must' fall into place.
Also make absolutely certain your release hand when the bow is at full draw runs straight 'inline' with your arrow. Your elbow should not be left or right of the shaft.
It would even help a whole lot, if you can get to a Hooter Shooter to elimate problems with the bow. Once this is verified then there's only one other place to look for the problem.
Some bows can be a PIDA to tune, sometime the combination of bow and shooter will not work...I honestly for you sake hope this is the problem.
Wish ya luck bud!