Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech, Diamond, Ross >

Bowtech, Diamond, Ross

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech, Diamond, Ross

Old 02-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech, Diamond, Ross

Well, I took my son to the bow shop today to get his Diamond Razor's Edge. While we were waiting to get the bow set up right, I got a chance to see and draw practically every bow from Bowtech, Diamond, and Ross. They also had an Alphamax 32, but that was pretty much it except Bear and a few low end Alpines. Before I actually saw any of the new bows, I really thought the Sentinel would be my favorite. It felt a little heavy for an all rounder, but was pretty nice. I was impressed with the machine work on the riser. As Jeff B. and others have stated, the draw is kind of back loaded. I felt no real hump, but it did drop off a little suddenly. Think I could get used to it. The SWAT was smoother. I don't care for the looks of the new cam on the SWAT. It was smooth, and it is a petty thing to care about, but looks wise, I'd rather have an '06-'08 Allegiance. The Iceman was kind of cool, but too short for me. I was very impressed with the new Ross bows. They had the Cardiac and Carnivore in both 31 and 34. If I had the money to spend on myself, I think the Carnivore 34 would have followed me home.

BTW, my son absolutely LOVES the Razor Edge. Very quiet bow, tons of adjustment. He has it set for about 38# right now, as he hasn't shot for a few months. He was shooting in the basement when we got home. He yelled up to me to come look. I went down and he had 3 arrows in the Joker in the center of a playing card from about 9-10 yards. He was a very happy boy. I know I did the right thing getting him the new bow and not putting some hand me down in his hands. He already is looking at the 3D schedule for our local club. It could be a great summer and fall coming up!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Spike

Default RE: Bowtech, Diamond, Ross

That good news about the ross's, my shop is set up pretty similar, I got to draw several different bows, the iceman, the stud, a few bowtechs, the only ones i didnt get to draw yet were the carnivore and the admiral as they didnt have them in yet. But i did draw the cardiac31 and boy was that smooth! I cant wait till they get the Carni31 in, if thats as nice as im hoping, then its coming home with me

Thats great that your son is so excited though better hope he gets a job young, you started him off with a high end, he's not gonna go downfrom there hahaha
Old 02-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech, Diamond, Ross

Awesome! Glad you finally were able to get the bow for him Jeff! Need some pics of the new bow and him Aceing that Joker!

My shop finally got a Sentinel in and you are right- the hump on that bow is not as bad as the shorter bows. It's a little softer rollover into the valley. The Admiral and Captain are a bit more drastic. I've yet to see the Ross models- my dealer doesn't stock them, however I won't be trying any if I can find one (as you know with my "one bow" thread- too tempting [:'(] )