Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech/Ross update - no buyout >

Bowtech/Ross update - no buyout

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech/Ross update - no buyout

Old 08-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech/Ross update - no buyout

It looks like things fell through on the Bowtech/Ross deal. There is an official update on Bowtech's website : http://www.bowtecharchery.com/blog/2008/08/26/clarification-to-ross-news-release-dated-july-19-2008/

Eugene, OR (August 26, 2008)

Contrary to our prior announcement, BowTech was unable to consummate a proposed asset purchase agreement with Ross Archery, Inc. BowTech has not purchased or acquired any Ross Archery, Inc. product designs, equipment or inventories. BowTech has not assumed any of Ross Archery, Inc.’s liabilities.

However, BowTech is pleased to confirm that Andy Ross, the founder of Ross Archery, is assisting BowTech in the promotion of a new line of bows designed and produced by BowTech. BowTech’s R&D team has designed the new line of bows to feature the benefits of solid reliability and extreme accuracy; qualities that translate to immediate gratification for the demands of today’s passionate bowhunter.

BowTech manufactures and distributes the world’s finest compound bows and archery equipment. Founded in 1999, BowTech’s corporate offices and manufacturing facilities are located in Eugene, Oregon. With a worldwide distribution network, BowTech’s family of brands include: BowTech, Diamond and Ross compound bows, Octane archery accessories, Stryker crossbows, Airow Gun and WaterDog Surface Technologies. BowTech is a wholly owned subsidiary of Savage Sports Corporation, located in Westfield. MA. Savage brands include Savage Arms, Stevens, Fox, Savage (Canada), Savage Range Systems and PortaTarget.
© 2008 BowTech
Old 08-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech/Ross update - no buyout

that is strange after already seeing pictures of the bows

rick

Old 08-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

There is a new ross hanging in the shop where I bought my bow. I was told that Bowtech bought the Ross name but the Cams and risers were owned and designed by G5. Bowtech didn't find that out until after the sale.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: standsleeper
Bowtech didn't find that out until after the sale.
Pretty sure research is done before multi million dollar deals are made. The deal was over buying the rights to the company, they couldnt buy them and realize later they dont truly own them. If they did...they might consider new management. lol
Old 08-27-2008, 06:20 PM

Strange. Bowtech even went as far as putting Ross on their website. Not sure why they would do that before they finalized this deal. Pretty silly actually.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think you should read it again and understand what it says.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, read it again. Bowtech is producing Ross bows. They just didn't purchase any of the "mess" that was the Ross and G5 fiasco. It is an entirely new line of "Ross" bows that aren't based on any of the old Ross / G5designs, patentsor bows.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:54 PM

So Ross just jumped ship away and left the other company to sink. Cant say I blame them with that huge G5 ordeal.

Be interesting on the new line of bows and how they are marketed against the diamond line.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:24 PM

I have already sold 4 new 2009 Ross bows that were made by Bowtech
Pretty sure the "deal" went thru
Old 08-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

I have already sold 4 new 2009 Ross bows that were made by Bowtech
Pretty sure the "deal" went thru
That's what I was thinking.I saw one in the shop the other day and thought it was an extrememly nice looking bow.

Just read this sentence.Pretty sure they have Ross in there.

BowTech’s family of brands include: BowTech, Diamond and Ross compound bows, Octane archery accessories, Stryker crossbows, Airow Gun and WaterDog Surface Technologies.

Quick Reply: Bowtech/Ross update - no buyout

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.