Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

1 eye or 2

Old 02-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 1 eye or 2

I have always shot with one eye open lookin through my peep and the other closed. I was at a shot sunday and relized alot of other people shot both open. Now i would like to no, how do u all shot. One open or both open?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 1 eye or 2

Both open.I learned here to do that. I have a much better field of view. And what if I'm aiming at a doe with one eye closed and I miss seeing that booner out of the corner of my other eye?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is a very good point
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Both open. Increases your FOV, makes it a lot easier to shoot under low light conditions and I think it helps with target panic. Now of course you have to be rt. eye dominant for a rt. hand shooter and left eye dominant for a left hand shooter to be able to do it.

Dan
Old 02-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

I have always shot with one eye open lookin through my peep and the other closed. I was at a shot sunday and relized alot of other people shot both open. Now i would like to no, how do u all shot. One open or both open?
Good question killzone. I also shoot with only 1 eye open but now that you raise the point, would probably be more beneficial to shoot with both eyes open. Can't wait to hear some more responses on this question.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:19 AM

Both open. With one eye closed you lose depth perception and ability to estimate yardage. You also loose field of view as txj and mfd pointed out.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Spike

I wish I could figure out how to shoot with both eyes open. I have a string splitter peep so it should be easy to shoot with both eyes open but I cannot seem to focus the pin on the target with both eyes open? Not sure why but I'm going to pratice this summer.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:38 PM

Have you checked your eye dominance to see if you're shooting with the correct eye? If you're shooting out of your non-dominant eye you'll have to close your dominant one.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mfd1027

Both open. Increases your FOV, makes it a lot easier to shoot under low light conditions and I think it helps with target panic. Now of course you have to be rt. eye dominant for a rt. hand shooter and left eye dominant for a left hand shooter to be able to do it.

Dan
I dont think thats accurate. My buddy is left eye dominate and shoots right handed, shoots with both eyes open and he is an awsome shot.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot both open.
I used to shoot instinctively until last year and I had real trouble changing to a sight till I started keeping both open.

If you are having trouble focusing the pin on the target try focusing on the target and just having the pin float there, rather than trying to bring the pin into focus, thats what works for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.